• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, psteazy said:

you're right, i don't. my rep is some West Coaster, claims he's a lawyer in Hollywood or something. just tells me to wire the monthly donations and he'll take care of the rest. shady if you ask me, but the guy's real passionate about USF. hell of a cynic tho.

surely you'd wager our odds of 'succeeding' would outweigh football powerhouses like FAU, Mean Green, Tulane and Tulsa?

ya'll postin in an OCS thread!

You should probably stop sending smazza your money and get in touch with Someone on Fowler.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, JTrue said:

I think you mean, "could never" develop. As in, "I had an English professor at USF that could never teach me how to write a proper sentence." 

Don't know why you let him get under your skin. most of us just ignore him most of the time. You know he's not going to add any value to the convo, so why bother?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

they would have nothing to do with a privately financed stadium, on USF property would they?

I know in Memphis facilities that are privately financed and on school owned property are exempt from Memphis/Shelby County Sports Authority control.  

9 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

An OCS would not be managed by TSA.  I too could see the St. Pete bowl moving, especially if we managed to get the MOSI site.  Of course the name would change.

I mentioned TSA only because they would fight like hell to keep getting the events at RayJay that UofM suggested could be at our facilities.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That stadium looked awfully good last night. Not sure why anyone would want to spend millions of dollars to build and OCS when we have a National Championship caliber stadium to play in.

I mean if you think giving students a shorter distance to travel is worth $150M then I am sure we could find better ways to enrich their lives than that.

It's not about the students it is about building tradition at our University and giving Alumni and the general public a reason to come to USF's campus. This would hopefully create more donors, more future students, and more prestige for our University as a whole.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That stadium looked awfully good last night. Not sure why anyone would want to spend millions of dollars to build and OCS when we have a National Championship caliber stadium to play in.

I mean if you think giving students a shorter distance to travel is worth $150M then I am sure we could find better ways to enrich their lives than that.

The stadium looked awesome without all the Bucs crap. They nearly hid the pirate ship too. Wish we could cover the whole stadium with USF logos/colors the way they did last night. 

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Boom.  Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not opposed to dropping some serious coinage on an OCS some day, I just want to see some consistency out of our fan base and an uptick in donors for a few consecutive years. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298

11 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

I mentioned TSA only because they would fight like hell to keep getting the events at RayJay that UofM suggested could be at our facilities.  

But no one seems to want to answer: if other schools can do it, why not USF?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298

1 hour ago, JB said:

The stadium looked awesome without all the Bucs crap. They nearly hid the pirate ship too. Wish we could cover the whole stadium with USF logos/colors the way they did last night. 

That wouldn't solve the problem of playing at a half full NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship.

Edited by UofMemphis
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

But no one seems to want to answer: if other schools can do it, why not USF?

You're getting answers, but you are either incapable of comprehending to them, or willfully turning a blind eye to them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1