• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

28 minutes ago, Capital H said:

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!!

Sleeping giant is a UCF thing.

Also I know people get flamed for it, but I really think USF should look at 30k as a starting point. Sell that out and then expand.

We averaged 37k this year. 

Don't bother with the actual numbers, all other 127 FBS programs use announced.  Fact is 37K tickets were sold per.

30k will do nothing to bring in big opponents.  Say goodbye to the Florida States, Texases, and whatever other opponents we have on OOC schedule. 

MAC and Sun belt programs have 30k stadiums.  Is that what we aspire to.

Our arch-rival has a 45k stadium.  Are we any less than them?  Our peers in Cincinnati and Houston have 40K seaters.  Their attendance is worse than our most years.

Stadium will be between 40-50K.  That's not a question.  Tulane build a 30k seater.  Are we now Tulane.

30K is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in a while (no offense to you). 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

WE MUST BE LARGER AND BETTER THAN ALL!!! 200K capacity!

Some of you are beyond help.

A 25K stadium?  Are you serious.  We averaged 37K this year.  Most MAC and Sun Belt programs have bigger stadiums than 25K.

25K might as well be the Idaho Kibbie Dome.

Have you forgotten that we averaged 50K over the course of 4 years and over 40K over the course of 10 years while in Big East.

Yeah, that will look great come Big 12 expansion time (and it will come again at some point).  Do you really listen to yourselves.  UCF has a 45K stadium and our attendance was BETTER than theirs this year.  Yes, better.  Look it up.  They only averaged 35K announced this year.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

40 to 45k would be perfect size for our program.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Some of you are beyond help.

A 25K stadium?  Are you serious.  We averaged 37K this year.  Most MAC and Sun Belt programs have bigger stadiums than 25K.

25K might as well be the Idaho Kibbie Dome.

Have you forgotten that we averaged 50K over the course of 4 years and over 40K over the course of 10 years while in Big East.

Yeah, that will look great come Big 12 expansion time (and it will come again at some point).  Do you really listen to yourselves.  UCF has a 45K stadium and our attendance was BETTER than theirs this year.  Yes, better.  Look it up.  They only averaged 35K announced this year.  

after what happened in 2015 that should be expected. Attendance this season was anomaly though, just about every season at the OCS was near 40k average 

Student Attendance is not an automatic anymore and it's becoming an issue at Programs across the country

• Upvote 2

Just now, ambienknights said:

after what happened in 2015 that should be expected. Attendance this season was anomaly though, just about every season at the OCS was near 40k average 

Student Attendance is not an automatic anymore and it's becoming an issue at Programs across the country

Yeah actually that wasn't a dig at UCF, believe it or not.  I actually think UCF generally has decent attendance for the conference we are in, but USF and UCF are in the same boat.  Opposite sides of the same coin when it comes to attendance.  In our Big East days, ours was better.  In your Fiesta Bowl days, yours was better.  Now it is about the same.  NO way USF builds a 30K stadium when UCF has a 45K seater.  Some of my Bulls supporters can't seen to grasp that concept.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Yeah actually that wasn't a dig at UCF, believe it or not.  I actually think UCF generally has decent attendance for the conference we are in, but USF and UCF are in the same boat.  Opposite sides of the same coin when it comes to attendance.  In our Big East days, ours was better.  In your Fiesta Bowl days, yours was better.  Now it is about the same.  NO way USF builds a 30K stadium when UCF has a 45K seater.  Some of my Bulls supporters can't seen to grasp that concept.

UCF has a great attendance.

Especially when they posted a winning season.

I also believe that USF is making these major moves (Rivalry, Great deal on HC, OCS), because they are really looking into joining the P5. USF is trying to market itself.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

26 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

We averaged 37k this year. 

Don't bother with the actual numbers, all other 127 FBS programs use announced.  Fact is 37K tickets were sold per.

30k will do nothing to bring in big opponents.  Say goodbye to the Florida States, Texases, and whatever other opponents we have on OOC schedule. 

MAC and Sun belt programs have 30k stadiums.  Is that what we aspire to.

Our arch-rival has a 45k stadium.  Are we any less than them?  Our peers in Cincinnati and Houston have 40K seaters.  Their attendance is worse than our most years.

Stadium will be between 40-50K.  That's not a question.  Tulane build a 30k seater.  Are we now Tulane.

30K is the dumbest thing I have seen posted in a while (no offense to you). 

Roll over to Ray Jay for the big games. 

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

40 to 45k would be perfect size for our program.  

What is the cost $125 Million.  

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

I would say the perfect size for USF to start with is 50k, with the ability to expand. The ability to expand is the biggest thing, USF has to keep in mind, we don't want to build something that keeps us locked in or having to completely remodel the entire stadium in order to do so. I think the best models to go off of is either Baylor's new stadium or a modified verision of TDECU Stadium.