PCBull14

OCS!!!

713 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

After going to games like Memphis @ Ole Miss, Memphis @ Miss State, and even Memphis @ USM...I can honestly tell you you're wrong...there's nothing like football game day on a FBS college campus.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UofMemphis said:

After going to games like Memphis @ Ole Miss, Memphis @ Miss State, and even Memphis @ USM...I can honestly tell you you're wrong...there's nothing like football game day on a FBS college campus.

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I guess it's a good thing you missed 1912-2002.

my pro team is Green Bay, and my college team is Memphis...

my dad sat through 30 years without a Super Bowl or a Memphis Bowl game...I've seen Green Bay play in 3 Super Bowls, and watched my Tigers play in 8 bowl games.

I'm just lucky, I guess.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

I mean, my sister and my brother-in-law live in Lutz and attend USF football games...they were complaining just this season how the USF vs FSU game felt more like a FSU home game, and lacked that true 'home game' feel.

that said, we could sit here and argue all day and I doubt one would change the others mind.

-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I mean, my sister and my brother-in-law live in Lutz and attend USF football games...they were complaining just this season how the USF vs FSU game felt more like a FSU home game, and lacked that true 'home game' feel.

that said, we could sit here and argue all day and I doubt one would change the others mind.

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

With luck, we'll find out next January in Atlanta!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

I thought it was the amateur nature and the love of the game that made it college football!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would probably be an interesting poll of ALL season ticket holders to find what they would be willing to do. Put several questions on their renewal statements.

Preference -       A(OCS)    B(RayJay)

If you chose (A) above. Additional amount per ticket -  A($10)  B($25)  C($50)   D($100).

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

Hell yeah. There are those old schools on the land grant plots that travel so well they can make almost any game into their own home game. They'd eat up the limited seating in a USF OCS in a second. They bought season tickets just to get that one game. It's the nature of a hundred year old program with a ton of money and legislative influence in the state playing a 20 year old program in the state.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Hell yeah. There are those old schools on the land grant plots that travel so well they can make almost any game into their own home game. They'd eat up the limited seating in a USF OCS in a second. They bought season tickets just to get that one game. It's the nature of a hundred year old program with a ton of money and legislative influence in the state playing a 20 year old program in the state.

Don't forget the second hand market where Bulls season ticket holders would off load their tickets in order to make a profit. 

Edited by 206BULL
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Hell yeah. There are those old schools on the land grant plots that travel so well they can make almost any game into their own home game. They'd eat up the limited seating in a USF OCS in a second. They bought season tickets just to get that one game. It's the nature of a hundred year old program with a ton of money and legislative influence in the state playing a 20 year old program in the state.

 

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

Don't forget the second hand market where Bulls season ticket holders would off load their tickets in order to make a profit. 

Just where do you two get off with these logical comments? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

I don't have an opinion on the USF vs FSU game other than I wanted USF to win as you're an AAC team, and I have family members who are fans.

I simply think Ray Jay was a fine home for two decades as USF was just an upstart program...USF isn't an upstart anymore...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...I just think it's time for USF to have their own OCS.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Don't forget the second hand market where Bulls season ticket holders would off load their tickets in order to make a profit. 

You know, if you can afford your season tickets by dumping one game to an FSU person I'm not going to get on my high horse and lecture. If that's the only way someone can swing the tickets well then they showed up to more games than they would have if they didn't do that. I went to two Cup games vs. Chicago and I was sorely tempted to sell my game 5 ticket to pay for my game 1 ticket. I didn't but I really understand the temptation.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I don't have an opinion on the USF vs FSU game other than I wanted USF to win as you're an AAC team, and I have family members who are fans.

I simply think Ray Jay was a fine home for two decades as USF was just an upstart program...USF isn't an upstart anymore...you're in the AAC where teams can earn Peach and Fiesta Bowl bids...I just think it's time for USF to have their own OCS.

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 206BULL said:

Funny, I'd prefer the old Big East to the current conference. We were still that start up back then and by your logic Ray Jay was ok for us then but now that we are in a second tier conference it's not ok for us? 

I've been to USF games where Ray Jay was electric; but you know we were a start up then compared to now so...

Big East and Ray Jay were like chocolate and peanut butter!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now