PCBull14

OCS!!!

713 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

IMG_4602.PNG

Look ma, I got a popsicle!

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

There hasn't been much news lately about Temple's attempt to build an on-campus football stadium, and that has led to the perception that not much is happening and that the idea is dying.

Temple athletic director Patrick Kraft said nothing was further from the truth.

"I get that from people that they think that [things are dying] and it is not like that," Kraft said Thursday before Temple's game against Memphis at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. "Nothing has changed and we continue to do what we have been doing."

Kraft described the process as ongoing.

"It's not like we hit the brakes by any stretch," he said. "We are moving forward and continue to provide information through this whole process and that has not stopped at all."

One of the biggest hurdles is working with the people in the neighborhood on several issues, including traffic.

"We are doing a lot of research, answering questions, doing traffic studies," Kraft said. "The neighborhood piece is obviously a big part of it and we continue to work with them."

Temple's agreement to play at Lincoln Financial Field expires after the 2017 season, but the school has two one-year options that could extend the stay through 2019.

Sounds more like just a bunch of wheels spinning ...

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

First, find an article about donor levels and that may clear things up for you a little. Second, for better or worse, our season tix fan base has grown up in a first class football stadium. While it doesn't have to be a mini RayJay, it can't be the glorified high school stadiums of some of these programs you keep throwing at us have. To put it bluntly, we've got champagne tastes on a wine cooler budget. Harlan will have to be a 100 times the miracle worker he was to get CCS here to make something happen anytime soon on the ocs front. 

THIS is the real problem. When it comes to an OCS, I don't care if it's made on a "wine cooler budget". I just want it to be on campus. That's where college games should be played.

If you have an article about donor levels, that would be a very nice bit of information for this thread. Perhaps you could post it/them.

Your implication is that you've read one or more of these articles. Based on half of the posts on this thread, they must have read the same article(s). It must say we are the poorest University in the country.

I call B.S.

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

THIS is the real problem. When it comes to an OCS, I don't care if it's made on a "wine cooler budget". I just want it to be on campus. That's where college games should be played.

If you have an article about donor levels, that would be a very nice bit of information for this thread. Perhaps you could post it/them.

Your implication is that you've read one or more of these articles. Based on half of the posts on this thread, they must have read the same article(s). It must say we are the poorest University in the country.

I call B.S.

Definitely wouldnt go that far, but it's not a necessity to keep football going to have a stadium. Let's say RayJay no longer could house us; we would then have no place to go. For the sake of not shutting down the program because of a lack of venue, I bet an OCS would move quick; granted on the cheap. If an ocs gets built they want to make sure they have the real feasible space (academics does get a say in these things,) and that it would be an acceptable alternative to what the donors and fan bases have been used to downtown. I doubt folks would stop buying tickets because it's not a champagne venue, but I'm sure you need to at least consider it.

It all just seems like a cop out to me. If Ray Jay is the standard which the new OCS will be measured against then there will never be an OCS. 

The idea that people won't go to games because it's not as nice as Ray Jay is incomprehensible to me.

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

It all just seems like a cop out to me. If Ray Jay is the standard which the new OCS will be measured against then there will never be an OCS. 

The idea that people won't go to games because it's not as nice as Ray Jay is incomprehensible to me.

Nobody said it had to be as nice as RayJay but it can't be a piece of **** like The Wok ....

My suggestion is for you to contact MH since you obviously believe an ocs is totally doable at this point in time but, for some reason incomprehensible to you, we just don't WANT to do it. Please let us know what he says.

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nobody said it had to be as nice as RayJay but it can't be a piece of **** like The Wok ....

My suggestion is for you to contact MH since you obviously believe an ocs is totally doable at this point in time but, for some reason incomprehensible to you, we just don't WANT to do it. Please let us know what he says.

You seem very angry about the whole thing. I don't see why an NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship, that's normally only half full for Bulls games engenders such loyalty. I've been there, and it doesn't feel like college football to me.

4 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

You seem very angry about the whole thing. I don't see why an NFL stadium with red seats and a pirate ship, that's normally only half full for Bulls games engenders such loyalty. I've been there, and it doesn't feel like college football to me.

I'm actually being very calm, considering you and Speed are doing a fine job of ignoring answers and putting words in mouths ..... I'm mellowing.

10 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

Well, if you've been watching Memphis football all your life, you may not be the best judge of what college football looks like.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I'm actually being very calm, considering you and Speed are doing a fine job of ignoring answers and putting words in mouths ..... I'm mellowing.

I simply reject your excuses like UCF and FAU did...they're both better off for it, and even Temple is starting to realize it as well.

college football in a half full NFL stadium is not college football.

But thats what makes message boards fun, everyone gets their say.

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I simply reject your excuses like UCF and FAU did...

Someone get me some melatonin ... I have a feeling it might be hard to sleep tonight reading this.

Just now, JTrue said:

Well, if you've been watching Memphis football all your life, you may not be the best judge of what college football looks like.

lol, I started really watching Memphis football in 2003 (senior year of HS) when I was accepted to Memphis. Since then Memphis has played in 8 bowl games, or the exact same amount as USF.

We also lead the series 5-4

so you might just rethink that

3 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

lol, I started really watching Memphis football in 2003 (senior year of HS) when I was accepted to Memphis. Since then Memphis has played in 8 bowl games, or the exact same amount as USF.

We also lead the series 5-4

so you might just rethink that

I guess it's a good thing you missed 1912-2002.

Edited by JTrue