PCBull14

OCS!!!

713 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

But no one seems to want to answer: if other schools can do it, why not USF?

YOU WANT ANSWERS?!?

12 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

not true (and condescending), the reasons you throw out have been dismissed by professional ADs and Univ Presidents at places like UCF and FAU (along with others)...as a fan of a school who plays in a leased stadium that can't build a true OCS...I can't imagine why a school like USF or Temple would choose not to since they have the ability...and at least Temple is trying to change that.

The problem is you want a serious answer to a "pie-in-the-sky" question.  The world doesn't exactly work like that.  

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

YOU WANT ANSWERS?!?

Image result for i want the truth meme

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

YOU WANT ANSWERS?!?

I WANT THE TRUTH!

45 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

not true (and condescending), the reasons you throw out have been dismissed by professional ADs and Univ Presidents at places like UCF and FAU (along with others)...as a fan of a school who plays in a leased stadium that can't build a true OCS...I can't imagine why a school like USF or Temple would choose not to since they have the ability...and at least Temple is trying to change that.

I gave you answers.

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Image result for i want the truth meme

Bravo!

:applause:

11 hours ago, tampatony said:

It's not about the students it is about building tradition at our University and giving Alumni and the general public a reason to come to USF's campus. This would hopefully create more donors, more future students, and more prestige for our University as a whole.

What's the ROI on that?

6 hours ago, UofMemphis said:

UCF had to build because the Shitrus bowl wasn't an option moving forward and Temple has shelved their OCS plans... 

Edited by Sellular1

22 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

UCF had to build because the Shitrus bowl wasn't an option moving forward and Temple has shelved their OCS plans... 

not as of October.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/college/Temple-presses-ahead-to-build-a-new-football-stadium-02.html

There hasn't been much news lately about Temple's attempt to build an on-campus football stadium, and that has led to the perception that not much is happening and that the idea is dying.

Temple athletic director Patrick Kraft said nothing was further from the truth.

"I get that from people that they think that [things are dying] and it is not like that," Kraft said Thursday before Temple's game against Memphis at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium. "Nothing has changed and we continue to do what we have been doing."

Kraft described the process as ongoing.

"It's not like we hit the brakes by any stretch," he said. "We are moving forward and continue to provide information through this whole process and that has not stopped at all."

One of the biggest hurdles is working with the people in the neighborhood on several issues, including traffic.

"We are doing a lot of research, answering questions, doing traffic studies," Kraft said. "The neighborhood piece is obviously a big part of it and we continue to work with them."

Temple's agreement to play at Lincoln Financial Field expires after the 2017 season, but the school has two one-year options that could extend the stay through 2019.

N-Phila_Temple-football-stadium2.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis

There are tons of articles stating the opposite too

20 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

There are tons of articles stating the opposite too

link?

2 minutes ago, charsibb said:

link?

Google search, "Temple stadium plans stall"  Enjoy.

12 hours ago, tampatony said:

It's not about the students it is about building tradition at our University and giving Alumni and the general public a reason to come to USF's campus. This would hopefully create more donors, more future students, and more prestige for our University as a whole.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

What's the ROI on that?

Alumni returning, the public visiting the campus. This may be an era that is fast closing, particularly in the era of metropolitan universities. Attendance is dropping, viewership is dropping. An OCS is as likely to be a white elephant as a silver bullet.

35 minutes ago, charsibb said:

link?

IMG_4602.PNG

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Google search, "Temple stadium plans stall"  Enjoy.

I didn't make the claim. If you can't back it up, don't throw it out there...