• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

59 minutes ago, Boomer said:

And defining what a ****load of money is what the debate will be about.  It won't be enough for me but I don't write the check to pay the bills.

8 figures, an offer we couldn't refuse. Otherwise, no way you move it. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Then we don't play them here. You don't build an ocs to play big games away from it ...... period ..... unless they give us a ****load of money to move it.

Houston literally just did that this year for the Oklahoma game. I'd say it worked out pretty well for them. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

50,000 seats minimum with room to expand

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

less than ucf... no thanks

There is NO WAY that we build a smaller stadium than the kanniggits.

Not.

Gonna.

Happen.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Many of us...myself included...have been spoiled by the club level at Ray Jay...nice roomy seats....sweet lounge area....easy traffic flow in and out....cupholders!

If we never leave RayJay...it is fine with me. You put a stadium on campus...the students will just make up another excuse not to show up.

Any OCS needs to 50k or so...more capacity then Oviedo U and not a bouncy house.

Edited by gmanbull93
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

40K seat OCS with room for expansion makes the most sense to me. We need to build our season ticket holder base and a reduced supply of seats should help move in that direction. I don't foresee USF getting new contracts to play UF, FSU, Texas, Miami, etc. as long as the G5/P5 divide remains. A smaller OCS stadium will help build a more constant fan base, provide a point of pride on-campus, and will allow USF to get greater bulk of parking and concession revenue.

Ray Jay will work if somehow the size of USF's venue becomes a sticking point to signing new contracts with P5 foes. If the money is too good to pass up, then admins will have to make the choice of whether to momentarily move a game to Ray Jay or force the opposing school to play at the OCS (if we can even do that). Hopefully, our fanbase steps up more at that point and makes that choice easier for admins. Our fan base needs to buy season tickets. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

40K seat OCS with room for expansion makes the most sense to me. We need to build our season ticket holder base and a reduced supply of seats should help move in that direction. I don't foresee USF getting new contracts to play UF, FSU, Texas, Miami, etc. as long as the G5/P5 divide remains. A smaller OCS stadium will help build a more constant fan base, provide a point of pride on-campus, and will allow USF to get greater bulk of parking and concession revenue.

Ray Jay will work if somehow the size of USF's venue becomes a sticking point to signing new contracts with P5 foes. If the money is too good to pass up, then admins will have to make the choice of whether to momentarily move a game to Ray Jay or force the opposing school to play at the OCS (if we can even do that). Hopefully, our fanbase steps up more at that point and makes that choice easier for admins. Our fan base needs to buy season tickets. 

I like this plan. Granted, I'm still very much unsure where the money comes from and think RayJay is a great stadium only 20 minutes down the road

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36

On 12/15/2016 at 0:54 PM, ambienknights said:

And Miami has not won anything of significance since leaving the Orange Bowl.

0 ACC Titles. They are a Tropical Pitt at this point.

Cursed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/college/usf-bulls/does-usf-need-an-on-campus-stadium/?utm_content=bufferd1f64&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

USF Needs Their Own Info Commercial Stadium

Let’s face it an on-campus stadium has been talked about for the South Florida Bulls for quite some time now. But with the hire of Charlie Strong has talk just gotten hotter?

In Strong’s introductory press conference he told the crowd that he had already been in discussion with USF president Judy Genshaft about an on campus stadium and the crowd exploded with applause. Now an on-campus stadium has been a hot topic for the past week.

Early in the 2016 year the Museum of Science and Industry announced they would be relocating to downtown Tampa. That initially sparked USF football fans to urge the school to buy that land to build an on-campus stadium.

Of course there has been much debate on whether USF needs an on-campus stadium or not. So let’s get into it.

Disadvantages Of Having An On-Campus Stadium

A big selling point for the Bulls is the chance for players to play in a NFL stadium. With tough recruiting that is definitely something USF could use to their advantage. With an on-campus stadium the school would no longer have Raymond James Stadium as a recruiting tactic.

There is also the maintenance and upkeep of an on-campus stadium. Right now USF doesn’t have to worry about since the Tampa Sports Authority manages Raymond James Stadium. But really that might be a small sacrifice to the benefits of having an on-campus stadium.

Advantages Of Having An On-Campus Stadium

Just as Raymond James Stadium is a recruiting selling point, it is also a downfall. A home game for Bulls players involves always being bused to and from their games. Ray Jay is also the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which means USF is not truly playing in a home stadium of their own. Despite having a field painted in the USF logo, the rest of the stadium is decked out in Buccaneers attire. It could be said that USF games are one big giant info commercial for the Bucs.

“I feel like once you get a stadium on campus it’s (the players) home, it’s what they defend, it’s their house and that’s going to be critical and that’s going to happen,” Strong said during his introductory press conference.

Of course attendance has been an issue for USF for the past few seasons. Even with a 10-2, possibly 11-2, season attendance has been a struggle. Of course more than one 10-2 season is going to be needed to rebuild the low point the program had hit, but with attendance averaging 27,887 per game this season many say an on-campus stadium would help with that issue. Currently students have the ability to ride a bus from USF campus to Raymond James Stadium. But doesn’t it seem more fun to be able to drink in the frat houses and walk to the football game whether than worrying about a designated driver or catching the bus?

Even with attendance not being an issue, an on-campus stadium is something that sets the atmosphere at college football games apart from any other sport. The Bulls may one day grow into one of the top programs in the state of Florida, but the Bulls need their own home to make it a program that draws Tampa Bay football fans to them to continue their growth.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

An on campus football stadium is the cornerstone of a college campus. CCS stated it best. It's the sense of pride and feeling of defending YOUR turf. 

This is a no brainer. Make this happen Mrs. Genshaft! I hope that Coach Strong does not let up on this until it becomes a reality. It will be part of his legacy. Real tradition starts from within. GET THIS GOING NOW!!!!!

Go Bulls!!