• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, NAM37 said:

My son could tell you that you can play Pokemon just fine from within RJS.

Two gyms and a handful of Pokestops. RJS is solid.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

All I have to say these days is thank God for the band ....

What was COA's reaction to your heads up? I hope to heck all the coaches and signees coming into this situation knowing what to expect and want to be part of turning it around.

He just kind of took it in.  He may not even remember that conversation now.  Last night toward the latter part of the game my wife and I were sitting with Ricky the Bull and his wife.  A timeout was called on the court, we're winning by a bunch, and he and I were the only ones to stand and applaud.  The rest looked as disinterested as possible.  Like waiting for the ballet to start. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, Gismo said:

Build it 40k... 35k... whatever, expand it when we get into P5 or P6 or are selling out all games.

Interesting trivia... from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Florida_Bulls_football

The Bulls played at Houlihan's Stadium in 1997. Raymond James Stadium is a $168.5 million facility, which opened on September 20, 1998 with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game against the Chicago Bears. Two weeks later, the Bulls debuted in their new home with a 45–6 win over The Citadel in front of 32,598 fans.[5] From 1998 to 2007, only the lower half of the stadium had been typically opened for USF games, allowing for a capacity of 41,441,[6] although the upper deck has been opened numerous times to accommodate crowds in excess of what the lower bowl can handle. However, as of 2008, USF has opened the upper deck for every home game and is selling season tickets in the upper deck as well.

On September 28, 2007, the #18 ranked Bulls played the #5 ranked West Virginia Mountaineers in front of 67,012 fans.[7] This remained the largest non-Super Bowl crowd in the stadium's history until September 29, 2012, when the USF Bulls played the FSU Seminoles in front of 69,383 fans.

The Bulls have enjoyed a winning edge in Raymond James, building an 86–42 (.672) record since 1998,[8] including one streak of 21 straight victories (11/6/1999 – 10/10/2003). The Bulls are 14–1 in Week 1 games played at Raymond James, with their only loss coming in 2013 at the hands of McNeese State.

I wonder what the difference in rent is if we don't open the upper deck?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Interesting trivia... from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Florida_Bulls_football

The Bulls played at Houlihan's Stadium in 1997. Raymond James Stadium is a $168.5 million facility, which opened on September 20, 1998 with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game against the Chicago Bears. Two weeks later, the Bulls debuted in their new home with a 45–6 win over The Citadel in front of 32,598 fans.[5] From 1998 to 2007, only the lower half of the stadium had been typically opened for USF games, allowing for a capacity of 41,441,[6] although the upper deck has been opened numerous times to accommodate crowds in excess of what the lower bowl can handle. However, as of 2008, USF has opened the upper deck for every home game and is selling season tickets in the upper deck as well.

On September 28, 2007, the #18 ranked Bulls played the #5 ranked West Virginia Mountaineers in front of 67,012 fans.[7] This remained the largest non-Super Bowl crowd in the stadium's history until September 29, 2012, when the USF Bulls played the FSU Seminoles in front of 69,383 fans.

The Bulls have enjoyed a winning edge in Raymond James, building an 86–42 (.672) record since 1998,[8] including one streak of 21 straight victories (11/6/1999 – 10/10/2003). The Bulls are 14–1 in Week 1 games played at Raymond James, with their only loss coming in 2013 at the hands of McNeese State.

I wonder what the difference in rent is if we don't open the upper deck?

Crowds over 40,000 have been rare since moving to the American. And I think reaching capacity often would be better for cash flow of smaller size substantially reduced the cost, or allow for an overall better more luxurious experience that brings people into games.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

Crowds over 40,000 have been rare since moving to the American. And I think reaching capacity often would be better for cash flow of smaller size substantially reduced the cost, or allow for an overall better more luxurious experience that brings people into games.

Kinda my point. How often have we needed more than the lower bowl? Would creating a perceived "need" create a bigger season ticket base? As is, there's no urgency in buying season tickets, there are plenty of game day tickets to be had.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,421
  • Days Won:  19

19 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Nope.  Go to an MLS game in Orlando.  Stands are full of young people, and the stadium moans and cheers with every move on the field.  At least 90 percent of the fans are glued to the action, understand what is going on, and the fans are LOUD with none of the piped in crap that has become a staple of American football and basketball.

Went to an Orlando Magic game in a suite the other day.   I started thinking "This is nice, but kind of boring and sterile"  Then I started looking around the area.  It is a beautiful place, but even the people down the in the lower deck were bored and barely watching the game.  Maybe half the people behind the basket were trying to distract someone taking a free throw.   The rest were politely watching.

It's like teams have gone so overboard with amenities and loud speakers, fans don't know how to be fans anymore.  I think all the TV timeouts in the other sports don't help.

Soccer is the only sport in which fans pay attention to the game.  Maybe it is the quick pace of the game and lack of timeouts.  If you aren't paying attention you may miss something.  In NFL or NCAA football or basketball, if you aren't paying attention you'll likely miss a TV timeout.

I have my problems with soccer...

BUT, football has only 11-13 minutes of actual gameplay... most of football is replays and commercials (or break for replays and commercials). NFL is even worse with commercials than CF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So true, this is one of the main reasons I don't watch too much NFL. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, Bear said:

I have my problems with soccer...

BUT, football has only 11-13 minutes of actual gameplay... most of football is replays and commercials (or break for replays and commercials). NFL is even worse with commercials than CF.

There have been college games that have gone on for 4 hours.  It seems worse than the NFL to me. The 1 o'clock games are usually done by 4:20 in the NFL.  The unlimited replay in college stretches them out.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

Constant commercials and reviews are the death of football. Hockey is surpassing.

CFB

NHL

NFL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Constant commercials and reviews are the death of football. Hockey is surpassing.

CFB

NHL

NFL

The NHL does it right. But I wonder if they had more businesses wanting to buy advertising time they would change their current set up?