• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Co-OC at Clemson. He's been there for 9 years and has been named top 10 recruiter in the country. he is the next chad morris/dabo swinney.

we need to go get this guy.

Strong is a conservative defensive minded coach. we are built as a wide open offensive team. Recipe for disaster.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205529441

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would not be against this dude or the guy at FSU. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Charlie Strong isn't stupid like you are assuming he is. He will keep the current offense in place with some of not all of the assistants, don't fix what's not broken. He knows that. He will also bring a strong defensive mind to this team which is exactly what we need. In my mind the most important factor is that he keeps the culture that's taggart built, and players absolutely love him.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,267
  • Days Won:  10

Strong is a proven winner at some places.  I think Texas is a challenge that even the great Mack Brown struggled with. 

Edited by Rizman
spelling issues
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

The question is will Strong more stubborn than Willie was?  Will he see what is working and the talent we have on offense and run with it?  I would assume he would have the if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality, but who knows.  It's like a used car, you get it checked by a mechanic and he says the engine is mint, but it needs a new transmission.  Do you tell him to replace the engine along with the transmission?  I'm sure our AD will figure this all out in the interview process.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Also, offense isn't what we need right now. Our offense can't get much better. Why bring in an offensive minded coach that might make a phenominal offense a tad bit better when you can bring in a defensive minded coach who could make the defense good from terrible.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

8 minutes ago, TheBullies said:

I'm all for Strong and TJ, if we can keep him. 

Shaun King and Darren Heller too. 

Edited by Paisa el Toro
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Charlie Strong isn't stupid like you are assuming he is. He will keep the current offense in place with some of not all of the assistants, don't fix what's not broken. He knows that. He will also bring a strong defensive mind to this team which is exactly what we need. In my mind the most important factor is that he keeps the culture that's taggart built, and players absolutely love him.

I didn't say he was stupid. only that he is conservative. quote from player from usa today where he was changing his offense for third time in 3 years.

“We had different pages from different books,” tight end Caleb Bluiett said. “We’ve tried to initiate this offense before, just some people just weren’t committed enough to do it. I can’t really tell you why. The coaches planned on doing it, but we ended up not.”

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Also, offense isn't what we need right now. Our offense can't get much better. Why bring in an offensive minded coach that might make a phenominal offense a tad bit better when you can bring in a defensive minded coach who could make the defense good from terrible.

another quote from usa today

How committed will Strong be to the Baylor philosophy? After his dalliance with it and quick retreat last season, it’s fair to be skeptical. On the other hand, it’s clear that Strong only gets to hit the reset button for his offense so many times before Texas pushes it on him. If he’s not all-in now, he’ll be all-out soon enough.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2016/08/10/texas-longhorns-football-coach-charlie-strong-big-12-offense-sterlin-gilbert/88477390/