• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Did I read that Willie is taking none of his coaches?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Am i in a minority thinking coaches are not game changers? Quinton/Mack/Flowers are the reason our offense was so dynamic, stick a different qb in there how many games do we win? Bridgewater is the reason Louisville was dynamic, there was no Teddy at Texas and there is no Q at oregon....give me a great recruiting coach and im happy

Edited by dausfbulls11
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Am i in a minority thinking coaches are not game changers? Quinton/Mack/Flowers are the reason our offense was so dynamic, stick a different qb in there how many games do we win? Bridgewater is the reason Louisville was dynamic, there was no Teddy at Texas and there is no Q at oregon....give me a great recruiting coach and im happy

Wait What?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Two words -Tom Allen.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  4

I also have always felt this way. Coaches dont make the great plays, coaches don't have the incredible athletic ability, they just find the players and take a lot of the credit. 

Obviously you have to have a scheme in place, but without your great players, you are nothing. 

It really is gross how much money these coaches make off of student athletes. Especially when they leave for a pay raise... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Lsu season changed with a coaching change

3 minutes ago, ajusf16 said:

Lsu season changed with a coaching change

Not really.... They lost to Florida when florida was missing their qb and just about the whoke defense. Oh and Uf wasnt that good to begin with. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795

53 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I also have always felt this way. Coaches dont make the great plays, coaches don't have the incredible athletic ability, they just find the players and take a lot of the credit. 

Obviously you have to have a scheme in place, but without your great players, you are nothing. 

It really is gross how much money these coaches make off of student athletes. Especially when they leave for a pay raise... 

This is incorrect but I follow your logic. Great coaches put players in position to win. Exploit weaknesses of opponents and emphasize strengths of players. So yeah coaches matter. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

Ask pre-Saban Alabama or any other school that can pull in top classes on brand alone whether coaches matter. It's actually more the opposite I think. A great coach can win with less physical talent .

18 minutes ago, CRBULL said:

Ask pre-Saban Alabama or any other school that can pull in top classes on brand alone whether coaches matter. It's actually more the opposite I think. A great coach can win with less physical talent .

Compare Alabama's classes pre saban to saban bama. 

2014 1
2013 1
2012 1
2011 1
2010(*) 5
2009 1
2008 1
2007 10
2006 11
2005 18
2004 15
2003 49