• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ironically this could be the BEST CASE scenario

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Lots of IFs there.

We ain't getting in to no CFP.  Ask Penn State what you have to do to get in.  They are probably wondering what else they could have done besides beat Ohio State AND win the Big 10.

More playoff spots?

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That's my same feeling...losing to a horrible Kansas team. 

Holtz looked pretty bad here and did well at LA Tech so maybe he gets things turned around with a fresh start in a state he knows.

I think Charlie Strong would be a good hire for any G5. Just like Skippy's a good CUSA coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Lots of IFs there.

We ain't getting in to no CFP.  Ask Penn State what you have to do to get in.  They are probably wondering what else they could have done besides beat Ohio State AND win the Big 10.

not lose to Pitt? That's all really, they could lose to Michigan, have 1 loss, just losing to Pitt (as a second loss) was too much to overcome.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Disagree, glass ceiling on the program moving forward is conference title.  

If CWT had stuck around to at least win the AAC, that would have been a milestone for us.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Disagree, glass ceiling on the program moving forward is conference title.  

Yup, win this lots and lots of times. Hope to hell a lot of other things that are out of our control happen to better our lot. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Capital H said:

There is nothing physically stopping USF from winning the conference. Simply win more conference games than the rest of the division, win the CC game, and you win. An access bowl would also be a lock if USF, or any American team, went 12-0.

I agree with your intent. The next step is a conference title. But the only thing stopping USF from that has been USF.

2015: Navy and Memphis physically stopped us.

2016:  Temple physically stopped us.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

While I doubt Charlie Strong comes to USF. If he does, there will be a huge media buzz about the Bulls all off season and that along with the fact almost all our starters are returning would help boost us in all the early polls.

USF should we win our Bowl game, could be ranked in the late to mid teens at the start of next season. Now couple that along with our easy schedule and the fact that we may face a couple ranked teams from our own conference, we could actually sneak into the playoffs. Yes I know we aren't a P5 team but, for all intensive purposes we would have a P5 HC. The publicity of Charlie Strong's demise at Texas and Resurrection at USF would be a media topic all season long. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

More playoff spots?

I think Charlie Strong would be a good hire for any G5. Just like Skippy's a good CUSA coach.

If I could hire Charlie and back load his contract so he and USF got the satisfaction of Texas paying him to coach us I'd do it in a second. At 56 maybe he'd think about sticking around, if not we lose him just like we will lose any young coach who succeeds.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

One positive to come out of this is we can use the buyout money to wipe the Skippy and Stan Heath debt off the books freeing up more money to throw at the new coaching staff.

AMEN!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I like the idea of Strong & a winning season next year! Lots of media buzz & maybe, just maybe instead of Charlie Strong leaving it would be enough to catapult USF into the P5.  Also, with Strong here attendance may pick up, you never know.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

in a 4 team cfp,

no g5 team stands a chance...

especially since a non-conf champ OSU can get in (to boost CFP revenue & ratings)

• Upvote 1