• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Ironically this could be the BEST CASE scenario

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, Gismo said:

They do. Houston had the schedule for it this year but lost a bunch of games.

Even with Houston's "schedule" their SOS was only 74. Washington, the weakest of the CFP players, had a SOS of 41. I don't think that Houston definitely would have been shutout, but it would have created an interesting conversation. 13-0 Houston v. 12-1 Washington. I think Houston actually might have slid in given the fact that they would have been so highly ranked all season. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, deadudea said:

Don't want to be negative here, but we all really need to accept that no G5 school has a shot at the playoff. The powers that be would never allow it. Even if Houston won out this year, you think the CFP committee would have put them above any of those big 10 teams? Not a chance.

An undefeated Houston, with a conference championship, wins over top ranked Oklahoma and Louisville, would have made it into the CFP.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That's my same feeling...losing to a horrible Kansas team. 

Holtz looked pretty bad here and did well at LA Tech so maybe he gets things turned around with a fresh start in a state he knows.

Yeah, the same thought about Holtz just crossed my mind too. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Rocky Style said:

There's no way our SOS deserves a playoff run next year.

Agreed 100%.  #1 goal to infinity should be undefeated season and AAC champs next year.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Agreed 100%.  #1 goal to infinity should be undefeated season and AAC champs next year.  

Crazy talk, man, crazy talk. :D

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

That would be a great year considering our transition now. I will say I think Willie is a way better recruiter than coaching mastermind. Maybe we can get the right leadership in place to make for a couple legendary seasons.

Not sure what will happen to recruiting though!

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

One-loss Big 10 Champ Penn State didn't get in the CFP; you really have to be sipping the koolaid to think we'll get in.  That's not really the point, though. Just being in the conversation would gain us notoriety, both in terms of attracting coaches and recruiting players.

I'm with you that this could potentially be the best thing for us; it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, BJ said:

One-loss Big 10 Champ Penn State didn't get in the CFP; you really have to be sipping the koolaid to think we'll get in.  That's not really the point, though. Just being in the conversation would gain us notoriety, both in terms of attracting coaches and recruiting players.

I'm with you that this could potentially be the best thing for us; it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

They lost 2 games

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,234
  • Days Won:  10

56 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

And here's why:

IF we can hire Charlie Strong:

1. Our defense next year instantly is top 25. And if thats the case we all know were going undefeated with flowers and company still in the game.

If we go undefeated next year putting up 45+ points every game BUT holding opponents to under 20. We WILL be in the CFP, no doubt about it. (given we will be ranked in the 20s high teens beggining of year if we win)

2. GUESS WHAT?? If we make the CFP next year and EVEN if Charlie Strong leaves, WE WILL be seen as the hot "Houston" team and we will get the best up and coming coach, which would continue to propel our success forward ala WKU.

3. In the realignment conversation we will all of a sudden be the hot commodity, which could increase our chances dramatically.

If we get Charlie Strong, and he keeps the same offense, I say watch out. Were going to the CFP, almost no doubt about it.

If "If's and but's were candies and nuts we would all have a wonderful Christmas" 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, Joe said:

They lost 2 games

But they actually played teams. Check out who we are playing next year. Going to be hard to sell that one!