• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ironically this could be the BEST CASE scenario

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

And here's why:

IF we can hire Charlie Strong:

1. Our defense next year instantly is top 25. And if thats the case we all know were going undefeated with flowers and company still in the game.

If we go undefeated next year putting up 45+ points every game BUT holding opponents to under 20. We WILL be in the CFP, no doubt about it. (given we will be ranked in the 20s high teens beggining of year if we win)

2. GUESS WHAT?? If we make the CFP next year and EVEN if Charlie Strong leaves, WE WILL be seen as the hot "Houston" team and we will get the best up and coming coach, which would continue to propel our success forward ala WKU.

3. In the realignment conversation we will all of a sudden be the hot commodity, which could increase our chances dramatically.

If we get Charlie Strong, and he keeps the same offense, I say watch out. Were going to the CFP, almost no doubt about it.

I like your enthusiasm, but we have no shot at the CFP with the schedule we have next year.  We likely won't face a top 25 team.  Also, instantly making a defense from 100 to 25 is a tall order.  I think Charlie would be a good hire, just disagree with some of the details.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, BrownBullsFan said:

I like your enthusiasm, but we have no shot at the CFP with the schedule we have next year.  We likely won't face a top 25 team.  Also, instantly making a defense from 100 to 25 is a tall order.  I think Charlie would be a good hire, just disagree with some of the details.

If we start off ranked in the 20's low teens, Go undefeated, and win games by large margins, yes we will be in, given the attrition that always happens every year with the rankings. Especially since it is perfectly plausible to see them playing up Charlie Strong as a resurging candidate should he take the job. 

And our defense will absolutely go top 25. It was when Tom Allen was here with almost the same personnel, and I personally believe Charlie Strong is a better defensive coach than TA.

Edited by BULLZ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

You were doing real good..right up to the CFP point. No, there will not be a G5 appearance in the CFP. Our SOS - or any G5's SOS for that matter - will ensure that although ranked in the top 20 - and if we're conference champs , can get the Congeniality Bowl slot. But no, no CFP for any G5. You'd have to say that USF (or G5 school of your liking) is indeed one of the top FOUR teams in the country.

Perhaps winning the DIVISION championship...and then maybe a CONFERENCE championship might be good starting points - given that neither has come to fruition thus far.  

The rest is ok...yeah, get Charlie Strong. 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

And here's why:

IF we can hire Charlie Strong:

1. Our defense next year instantly is top 25. And if thats the case we all know were going undefeated with flowers and company still in the game.

If we go undefeated next year putting up 45+ points every game BUT holding opponents to under 20. We WILL be in the CFP, no doubt about it. (given we will be ranked in the 20s high teens beggining of year if we win)

2. GUESS WHAT?? If we make the CFP next year and EVEN if Charlie Strong leaves, WE WILL be seen as the hot "Houston" team and we will get the best up and coming coach, which would continue to propel our success forward ala WKU.

3. In the realignment conversation we will all of a sudden be the hot commodity, which could increase our chances dramatically.

If we get Charlie Strong, and he keeps the same offense, I say watch out. Were going to the CFP, almost no doubt about it.

Heck YES!

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

4 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

If we start off ranked in the 20's low teens,

That's not going to happen...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, BULLZ said:

If we start off ranked in the 20's low teens, Go undefeated, and win games by large margins, yes we will be in, given the attrition that always happens every year with the rankings. Especially since it is perfectly plausible to see them playing up Charlie Strong as a resurging candidate should he take the job. 

And our defense will absolutely go top 25. It was when Tom Allen was here with almost the same personnel, and I personally believe Charlie Strong is a better defensive coach than TA.

I just don't see it happening without a bunch of 2 loss P5 conference winners, and even then it would be close. Our OOC schedule and SOS will be abysmal next season. Illinois is our lone P5 game, and the others SJSU, UMASS, and Stony Brook are as bad as they get.  While they didn't start the year ranked, WMU beat Northwestern and Illinois and couldn't crack the top 10. 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Plus, we might get Charlie Strong on the cheap as Texas owes him a ton of Ca$h......

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

You were doing real good..right up to the CFP point. No, there will not be a G5 appearance in the CFP. Our SOS - or any G5's SOS for that matter - will ensure that although ranked in the top 20 - and if we're conference champs , can get the Congeniality Bowl slot. But no, no CFP for any G5. You'd have to say that USF (or G5 school of your liking) is indeed one of the top FOUR teams in the country.

Perhaps winning the DIVISION championship...and then maybe a CONFERENCE championship might be good starting points - given that neither has come to fruition thus far.  

The rest is ok...yeah, get Charlie Strong. 

With the offense we have THIS YEAR, assuming Flowers and company come back. if we have a TOP 25 DEFENSE along with it, YES we will absolutely be in the running. ESPECIALLY if we seem to be destroying teams with a 30+ point margin. THAT will be almost impossible to ignore. What people dont realize is we will most likely play 2 maybe 3 ranked teams also next year between Houston/Temple/Navy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

I am just not thrilled about Strong's failure at Texas. Some of his losses were inexcusable, mcneese bad. So I would be for Kiffin.

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1