• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Birmingham bowl plans??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Birmingham Bowl website sucks...it seems the Miami Beach Bowl site last year had all kinds of information.  Maybe Birmingham is still putting things together, but you'd think they would know what they are doing better than this 11 years in.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Going to be a great time. Getting there the night before. Looks like there is a concert of some sorts but USF pep rally is at 5:00pm. Sitting with Jupiter Bull at the game. Heading home the next day. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Going to be a great time. Getting there the night before. Looks like there is a concert of some sorts but USF pep rally is at 5:00pm. Sitting with Jupiter Bull at the game. Heading home the next day. 

Pep Rally is Uptown.  Had a similar one last year on South Beach (literally).  Afterwards there was a USF sponsored party at a bar in walking distance, and that was alot of fun with free grub for a few hours and merchandise giveaways..  I'm not sure if that will be the same as this year as most of the bars are at Five Points, but I'm sure USF will have a party somewhere that night.  

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Whoops

Edited by ajusf16

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Man this hire has me really excited about this trip now....start of a whole new era....driving up wednesday, hitting pep rally, staying at embassy suites, driving back friday.....lets roll Bulls!

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  8

Just booked my hotel - taking the kids (7 & 12), so we are staying in Pelham.  Driving-up on Wednesday and will hit the pep rally.

Just saw that Publix is in B-Ham - looks like Publix Subs for the Tailgate!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,168
  • Days Won:  12

Just purchased 4 tickets to the game!!! We will be driving up Wednesday and heading back on Friday. Any suggestions on cheap (but not nasty) hotels? 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

Also purchased 4 tickets to the game. I can't wait!!! Now need to reserve a hotel (which seems fairly reasonable). The host hotel, Hyatt Regency seems a bit far from downtown Birmingham. Are most fans staying there? I have also seen the Sheraton downtown, Embassy Suites and Aloft mentioned in the post. Which one would be the best for a fun bowl vibe and to be walking distance to things?  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Just purchased 4 tickets to the game!!! We will be driving up Wednesday and heading back on Friday. Any suggestions on cheap (but not nasty) hotels? 

Check AAA - there are a few Drury Inns in the area

we are staying at the HI Express in Pelham for $67/night - it is 30 min south of the stadium

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Hey everyone. My friend and I have decided to go and make the trip. Heading up on Wednesday and then leaving Saturday. Going to try and get a round of golf in somewhere on Friday. As for bowl plans, USF has a handy site with the activities: http://usfbowlcentral.com/ 

Also, for those looking for a good deal on a hotel, the Sheraton in downtown can be had through an Express Deal on Priceline for $87 per night plus taxes and fees, which is remarkably lower than the $177 per night rate they are offering for booking directly. Additionally, you can use use code:  RMNDEC16 through Retailmenot.com to get an extra 5% off any Express Deal. The offer for the Sheraton was based on checking in Wednesday and checking out on Saturday. After the discount, our total for the 3 nights with taxes and fees came to $307. If you are looking to only stay Wednesday to Friday the price is currently $117 per night (should come to $277.28 after discount). Instructions:

1. Enter travel dates

2. Go to Express Deals

3. Select Central Birmingham

4. Select the offer for the 3.5 Star Express Deal Hotel ($87 if W-S, $117 if W-F)

5. Enter the RMNDEC16 code where it says  "Apply Coupon" at checkout on the right side of the screen below the total price. 

Parking at the Sheraton is only $12 per night and it is about a 2 mile stroll to the stadium from there.

Also, for Wednesday to Friday, the Westin in downtown appears to be available for $129 per night through Express Deals as well. Follow instructions above, but choose the 4 Star option instead. 

Just call the hotel after the reservation to ensure that you get two beds if you need them. I called and they indicated that they had automatically put me in for a 2 double bed room. 

Edited by BullyPulpit