• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm saying a guy that knows Joel said Joel told him this never happened.  I believe the guy, because when this was all coming out, he was 100% a Joel guy.  He didn't think any of this could have been untrue.  Now, years later, he admits this never happened - Joel told him.  I believe him.

Wasn't it in the investigation document that Joel said he never said it ..... if we're the "most powerful man in the building" quote?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wasn't it in the investigation document that Joel said he never said it ..... if we're the "most powerful man in the building" quote?

Might have been, haven't read it for a while....but that would be odd, because the line was used to demonize Leavitt in setting him up for a number of other outrageous claims...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

Getting a sense of peace reading a lot of this... Thanks to MG8 for always telling it like it is. 

I like Brad's idea about getting GA or someone to put this story together instead of the writers we have on the scene today.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Matt, thanks for chiming in and clearing some stuff up.  Much appreciated.

Brad, can this thread go to the HOF?  It's a useful history of the darkest time in our young program.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Matt - thanks for the insight into the team at the time. Just from what the public saw of Jim Leavitt, I could never wrap my head around this. A slap? Maybe... but, something vicious and rage inspired? Never could see that. I guess his crazy antics left him vulnerable to people seeing him that way, but, you could always tell that he truly loved you guys.

I too felt like there was some innuendo that made it seem like you were part of the conspiracy, I loved watching you play and I am very happy to hear directly from you that you were not involved in that way and while I have always defended JL, it's nice to hear positive info from the inside.

Just went back and looked at a few things, looks like Jerrell Young was right there and said it didn't happen. It's a shame that Leavitt was fired. It really set this program back. Young also noted that he was speaking out against Woolard's mandate that players not talk to anyone. Maybe Woolard was the one who intimidated the players and kept the support for Leavitt hush-hush rather than the supposed number of players who feared Leavitt and didn't speak out to confirm the assault.

Edited by Orlando Bull

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Jerrell Young was and still is a stand up guy. If he says it didn't happen then I'm taking him at his word.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Southshore26 said:

Jerrell Young was and still is a stand up guy. If he says it didn't happen then I'm taking him at his word.

Just to play the contrarian, I never understood why someone saying they didn't see anything makes people think it didn't happen.  A busy locker room that was no doubt noisy, unless you are staring at Leavitt from the second he enters the locker room until he leaves, you can't say for sure that nothing happened.  Saying you didn't see something just means you didn't see it, not that it didn't happen.

I was on a jury once.  Multiple witnesses testified that the defendant exposed himself.  One witness said she did not him expose himself.  Because the one witness wasn't looking at the time, a couple of the jurists voted not guilty.  I find that strange.

I'm not saying it did or didn't happen, just that a person not seeing anything doesn't mean nothing happened.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Go back and reread... he didn't say he didn't see it... he said he was there... observed... and it didn't happen... in short, Miller lied.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, Southshore26 said:

Go back and reread... he didn't say he didn't see it... he said he was there... observed... and it didn't happen... in short, Miller lied.

I've read it ad nauseum, thank you.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I've read it ad nauseum, thank you.

You read his account? He was right across, described what did happen, talked about Jerome Murphy sitting next to Miller. Doesn't sound like he had his head down and missed it to me.