• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller's Father Speaks Out on CJL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I have to agree that I recall believing you to be in favor of Leavitt being let go, based on rumor and innuendo.

Meaning MG, not me, correct?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I clearly recall a document being posted on this very site where one could easily copy and paste the supposed "blacked out" names to another file and see exactly who said what.  It was bungled very badly, and to this day I'm shocked our alma mater was never sued for it.  I don't have that document, and God willing it has been destroyed.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Because that had nothing to do with firing CJL which was the entire purpose of the exercise, who was going to investigate the investigators when they are all busy patting eachother on the back for getting USF past it's "plateau"? 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

6 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

I still think you would have a select few who would be extremely biased. But yes, I have talked to guys before and we always thought it would be a 30 for 30 one day. 

This book is a good read.  Touches on the Leavitt situation but goes into Mike Leach situation much more fully.  Leach had another situation at Washington, I think it was.  Pretty easy to see how it could all go down, legit situation or not.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0AM2XG/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Meaning MG, not me, correct?

Yes, I thought MG was trying to oust Leavitt according to rumor.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

14 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

http://www.usf.edu/pdf/Enclosure-1-Leavitt-Review-Final.pdf

Someone posted which anonymous players were which later, as Brad referred to.

This was the document--except it was originally shared as a Word file, where one could cut and paste and remove the blacked-out sections easily.  My memory is hazy on who was who...

9 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

I do have a question that a lot of players had after it was all over. I heard names were leaked of who said what, we were all told that no one would ever find out who said what. Why was the fact that everyone's names were leaked never brought up and dealt with? Always had that question and kind of upset at myself that I didn't ask that question when it happened. 

Names were leaked - all over the internet.

Those of us on the ball know all the names and have the documents.  USF failed to block them out correctly and exposed everyone.  Brett took that and published it - NO FREAKING ETHICS - on FanHouse or whatever mickey mouse operation he was working for at the time.  He invited players to tell him anything, even if augmented with fiction, and then he exposed them all.  He didn't care.  It was mission accomplished for him and USF.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NCBull said:

I clearly recall a document being posted on this very site where one could easily copy and paste the supposed "blacked out" names to another file and see exactly who said what.  It was bungled very badly, and to this day I'm shocked our alma mater was never sued for it.  I don't have that document, and God willing it has been destroyed.

Yes, but you have to paste into NotePad, or another simple text editor.  The names were still in the PDF, just the foreground color was changed to black them out.  Notepad has very little formatting capability, so it ignores things like foreground color.  (Or at least it did on older versions of Windows)  In order to truly redact names from an electronic file you need to remove them, or replace them with the letter X, or some other letter.  That happens now, but wasn't routine at the time.  Even as late as the 2000s most of these documents were sent around via paper.  If you printed that out you wouldn't be able to see the names.

Lots of people creating and editing these documents didn't really realize that the letter were still there even though you couldn't see them.  There were a slew of similar incidents for a few years around that time period.

18 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

http://www.usf.edu/pdf/Enclosure-1-Leavitt-Review-Final.pdf

Someone posted which anonymous players were which later, as Brad referred to.

Brett McMurphy did.

3 minutes ago, NCBull said:

This was the document--except it was originally shared as a Word file, where one could cut and paste and remove the blacked-out sections easily.  My memory is hazy on who was who...

I really don't recall whether it was Word or PDF in this case.  But you could also remove the formatting of blacked out sections with a PDF editor if you don't change the underlying text.