• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

4 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

Turn back on the tape then. That team had the talent to go further each of the last two seasons. Anyone I talked to USF Women's basketball about last year said the same thing. Our players looked scored to shoot the ball at times. It was the watch Courtney show. Great player, we depended on her way to much.

We will compare shots taking distro last season compared to this season at end. This team has a chance to go much further then last years team. Just my gut feeling.

To be fair, for a good portion of the season, we were not at full strength and had injuries to key players. Even at the dance we had some injured players. It would have been nice to see how a completey heathy USF team would have done.

But your point about players waiting for Courtney to do her thing, imo, is valid.

This year we again have injuries with Enna out for the entire season with an ACL, Nachalie coming off of knee surgery and Laura with her chronic foot problem.

Hopefully, Nachalie comes back, stays healthy and is in form,  and that Laura can still play, even in a limited capacity.

If so, with our weak schedule and also winning the Play4Kay tourney we could conceivably start out 14-0 and ranked within the top 15 when we play @UCONN. It's not that far fetched.

Edited by Mama_Bull

Guest PCBull14
13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Lob's the only one who can adequately pull off these nonsensical posts ..

Nope mine are all truth.Continue to look at things through green and gold goggles. 

But it is what it is.  I'm thankful we appear to be fully be turned in the NCAA direction.

You can call Jose nice and loyal all you want. I agree with both. Good coach, but lets not act like if he leaves we can't find a better replacement.

Guest PCBull14
14 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

To be fair, for a good portion of the season, we were not at full strength and had injuries to key players. Even at the dance we had some injured players. It would have been nice to see how a completey heathy USF team would have done.

But your point about players waiting for Courtney to do her thing, imo, is valid.

This year we again have injuries with Enna out for the entire season with an ACL, Nachalie coming off of knee surgery and Laura with her chronic foot problem.

Hopefully, Nachalie comes back, stays healthy and is in form,  and that Laura can still play, even in a limited capacity.

If so, with our weak schedule and also winning the Play4Kay tourney we could conceivably start out 14-0 and ranked within the top 15 when we play @UCONN. It's not that far fetched.

Completely agree with you.

I guess I need to clarify, I'm not saying we had a bad season. I'm saying we had an easy offense to defend for the better teams. It led to losses.  It showed every time we played a ranked opponent last season. The top teams would never play offense like that unless they had to. We CHOOSE to play that way. Was frustrating to watch. Thank (whoever you pray to) KL started to step up.

Definitely hope Laura can get some solid minutes this year. Hate that she's injured, I love her game!

We have a better shot at Uconn this season. We play better team ball. That's what lacked last season against the more talented competition and deep down CJF knows it as well.

1 hour ago, PCBull14 said:

Completely agree with you.

I guess I need to clarify, I'm not saying we had a bad season. I'm saying we had an easy offense to defend for the better teams. It led to losses.  It showed every time we played a ranked opponent last season. The top teams would never play offense like that unless they had to. We CHOOSE to play that way. Was frustrating to watch. Thank (whoever you pray to) KL started to step up.

Definitely hope Laura can get some solid minutes this year. Hate that she's injured, I love her game!

We have a better shot at Uconn this season. We play better team ball. That's what lacked last season against the more talented competition and deep down CJF knows it as well.

UCONN, this year. has a relatively small team. The main thing lacking for us the past couple of years, has been too few big players. This season we are a much bigger team and are starting to see the results of that with stronger rebounding. There will hardly be any teams we play who can match our size.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

So if no third round showing this year, we can him ... that'll work. 

4 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

You'll be surprised. A bunch a coaches have a very similar record and success rate!

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Lob's the only one who can adequately pull off these nonsensical posts ..

1 hour ago, PCBull14 said:

Nope mine are all truth.Continue to look at things through green and gold goggles. 

But it is what it is.  I'm thankful we appear to be fully be turned in the NCAA direction.

You can call Jose nice and loyal all you want. I agree with both. Good coach, but lets not act like if he leaves we can't find a better replacement.

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. Sounded like you agreed when I said if he didn't reach the next level this year, we should move on to someone else ..

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying. Sounded like you agreed when I said if he didn't reach the next level this year, we should move on to someone else ..

NO that man has earned his stay. I just wish he had these results a couple years ago. We'd be ranked no questions asked right now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

NO that man has earned his stay. I just wish he had these results a couple years ago. We'd be ranked no questions asked right now.

The rankings will care take care of themselves as we go along. Even with these results a couple of years ago, with the horses we lost, we wouldn't have been ranked going into this season. Takes awhile to earn that pedigree.

Guest PCBull14
10 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

UCONN, this year. has a relatively small team. The main thing lacking for us the past couple of years, has been too few big players. This season we are a much bigger team and are starting to see the results of that with stronger rebounding. There will hardly be any teams we play who can match our size.

We've always been small. Seeing the pictures of the team over the summer. I was like :applause: FINALLY.

WBB is a close second to FB for me. I can talk about it  for days. I love seeing your posts over on the Bone yard. Solid crowd over there.

14 hours ago, PCBull14 said:

We've always been small. Seeing the pictures of the team over the summer. I was like :applause: FINALLY.

WBB is a close second to FB for me. I can talk about it  for days. I love seeing your posts over on the Bone yard. Solid crowd over there.

Yes, the Bone yard has a solid crowd. Of course, it's easy to be nice when your team never loses.

So, it warms my heart to post this there even though it won't last:

Thought I should post this here now, because it won't happen again after we play FIU tonight. :p

RPI

#1 ND
#2 USF
#3 UCONN

SOS

#1 ND
#2 USF
#5 UCONN

2016-2017 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - WarrenNolan.com

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Yes, the Bone yard has a solid crowd. Of course, it's easy to be nice when your team never loses.

So, it warms my heart to post this there even though it won't last:

Thought I should post this here now, because it won't happen again after we play FIU tonight. :p

RPI

#1 ND
#2 USF
#3 UCONN

SOS

#1 ND
#2 USF
#5 UCONN

2016-2017 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - WarrenNolan.com

cast that in bronze and put it in the trophy case!!!!!!!