• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

28 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I am hoping that the goodwill earned from having a nationally ranked team the last 3 seasons will be enough to elevate us to a 7 seed, but I have a sinking suspicion that we will end up as a #8 seed and get stuck playing Notre Dame or South Carolina in the second round....which will guarantee no better than a Round of 32 exit. 

If only the selection people would do the math.  #26 ranked team / 4 brackets should put us at 6.5 seed so let's round it down to 7.  Shouldn't be that hard for them but you are probably correct about the 8th spot.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

41 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If only the selection people would do the math.  #26 ranked team / 4 brackets should put us at 6.5 seed so let's round it down to 7.  Shouldn't be that hard for them but you are probably correct about the 8th spot.

Except the RPI has us in the 7 to 8 seed range. We have 0 wins against the RPI top 25, only 2 wins against the RPI top 50 (both over Temple), and two bad (RPI 100+) losses to Long Beach St. and Memphis. We have a very thin resume at this point. The saving grace is that the committe will likely give us a pass on losing 3 games to UCONN, so long as we don't get destroyed by 50+ again tonight. I actually wouldn't be shocked if we end up a 10 seed and would actually prefer it, but I think the most likely outcome is an 8 or 9 seed. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

That's actually a little surprising after the drubbing we took in the championship game. I guess they figured since we were brave enough to show up and take our punishment, we deserved a few ranking points. Or it could do with increasing our SoS by playing #1 again.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Final pre-dance RPI's at 29, so we're probably looking at an 8-9 seed

http://warrennolan.com/basketballw/2017/conference/American-Athletic