• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Lamar Robbins was there if I recall correctly but did not shoot. Bullets don't have names on them but when you fire into an occupied building the likely good of them killing someone is pretty good.

He is lucky to not be in jail for life. I'll pass, and again I don't think he is allowed on USFs campus anyway so this is probably a moot point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, WWMJD said:

Shooting at/into an occupied dorm is not negligence.

Did he deliberately shoot at/into the dorm or was it just a stupid celebration with a gun that got even stupider ... ?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did he deliberately shoot at/into the dorm or was it just a stupid celebration with a gun that got even stupider ... ?

I think it was possibly an incredibly stupid celebration, but I know about as much as the next button pusher on this message board. :)

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly. Maybe the answer to your question is "both"? It was reported to be celebratory, and that he didn't actually intend to kill anyone, but he definitely shot at the dorm.

13 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

I'm not sure what you are asking, exactly. Maybe the answer to your question is "both"? It was reported to be celebratory, and that he didn't actually intend to kill anyone, but he definitely shot at the dorm.

I guess what I'm asking is did he intentionally shoot AT the dorm or were they just out screwing around with a gun (stupid to begin with), celebrating, shooting up in the air and didn't realize they weren't aiming straight up? That scenario should grant him a second chance, IMO. Intentionally shooting at an occupied building, whether it hit anybody or not, doesn't ...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

It doesnt matter if he meant to shoot at the dorm or not because HE DID SHOOT AT A DORM. If he would have killed somebody would it matter if he meant to point the gun at the dorm or not? Maybe I'm the wrong person to be involved in this matter as I lost someone to a stray bullet when I was in high school. This kid broke a major school policy that was even amended recently so that he could have the gun in his trunk on campus, he violated said policy (6-009) when he decided to pull it out of thw trunk; even before he loaded it, pointed it at the dorm and pulled the trigger he would have probably gotten kicked out of school.

Again glad it seems he has learned his lesson but he can continue his playing career some where else.

Edited by 206BULL

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

It doesnt matter if he meant to shoot at the dorm or not HE DID. If he would have killed somebody would it matter if he meant to point the gun at the dorm or not? Maybe I'm the wrong person to be involved in this matter as I lost someone to a stray bullet when I was in high school. This kid broke a major school policy that was even amended recently so that he could have the gun in his trunk on campus, he violated said policy (6-009) when he decided to pull it out of thw trunk; even before he loaded it, pointed it at the dorm and pulled the trigger he would have probably gotten kicked out of school.

Again glad it seems he has learned his lesson but he can continue his playing career some where else.

Completely understand your feelings about this, especially under your circumstances, but, to me, intent is a key factor at times ..... BUT if what you're saying about being kicked out permanently for just pulling it out the trunk is true, then it's a little more serious than I at first thought.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Intent matters in the criminal context. I'm no criminal lawyer but as I recall had he killed someone it is likely a manslaughter charge as opposed to a murder charge. 

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I guess what I'm asking is did he intentionally shoot AT the dorm or were they just out screwing around with a gun (stupid to begin with), celebrating, shooting up in the air and didn't realize they weren't aiming straight up? That scenario should grant him a second chance, IMO. Intentionally shooting at an occupied building, whether it hit anybody or not, doesn't ...

Maybe it's a question of semantics re: what the meaning of "intentionally" is to you. To me, if you point a gun in the direction of something you know is there and pull the trigger of a loaded gun (multiple times, no less), you are intentionally shooting at something. It's not like they were in the woods and didn't realize there was a building behind trees they were shooting at. They were right next to the building, in the middle of a crowded area of campus that is filled with dorms that have people inside.

16 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Intent matters in the criminal context. I'm no criminal lawyer but as I recall had he killed someone it is likely a manslaughter charge as opposed to a murder charge. 

Under Florida law it would have likely been a murder charge, actually.