• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has Kaepernick had the flag removed from his helmet yet?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

He's a freaking well known NFL QB.  He can sit down with just about anyone and be interviewed, talk about the issues.  There's no need to be disrespectful to the country and servicemen and women that afforded him the freedom to this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

He's a freaking well known NFL QB.  He can sit down with just about anyone and be interviewed, talk about the issues.  There's no need to be disrespectful to the country and servicemen and women that afforded him the freedom to this.

Some veterans support his protest.

Also, his protest causes no harm.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bear said:

Some veterans support his protest.

Also, his protest causes no harm.

Being disrespectful causes no harm in most instances.  He has every right to sit and I support his right to do so.  However, it's still disrespectful and it still irks me and in my opinion, does nothing to help the issue.

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Being disrespectful causes no harm in most instances.  He has every right to sit and I support his right to do so.  However, it's still disrespectful and it still irks me and in my opinion, does nothing to help the issue.

Why does someone's freedom to sit quiet and respectful bother you?

Why do you care what other people do -- if it causes no harm to anyone?

Anyone libertarian here?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bear said:

Why does someone's freedom to sit quiet and respectful bother you?

Why do you care what other people do -- if it causes no harm to anyone?

Anyone libertarian here?

Would it bother you if someone were to cut up and make jokes at a funeral?  As I said, I support his right, it doesn't mean it doesn't bother me.

BTW, he's not sitting quiet and, "respectful", the shear act of sitting during the anthem is by definition, "disrespectful" and he knows it.

He hasn't done anything to help the issue of racism and police violence by doing this.  He hasn't added to the awareness, with recent protests, there's plenty of awareness.  He has just changed the narrative to be about him.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Would it bother you if someone were to cut up and make jokes at a funeral?  As I said, I support his right, it doesn't mean it doesn't bother me.

BTW, he's not sitting quiet and, "respectful", the shear act of sitting during the anthem is by definition, "disrespectful" and he knows it.

He hasn't done anything to help the issue of racism and police violence by doing this.  He hasn't added to the awareness, with recent protests, there's plenty of awareness.  He has just changed the narrative to be about him.

Your hypothetical scenario is opposite of what we are talking about...

It's more akin to everyone being asked to close their eyes and bow their heads for prayer... And one guy sitting down with his eyes open staring at the ceiling. Nobody cares...

He has definitely added awareness... Because we are still talking about it... He has done nothing wrong. Peaceful resistance is good thing.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Bear said:

Your hypothetical scenario is opposite of what we are talking about...

It's more akin to everyone being asked to close their eyes and bow their heads for prayer... And one guy sitting down with his eyes open staring at the ceiling. Nobody cares...

He has definitely added awareness... Because we are still talking about it... He has done nothing wrong. Peaceful resistance is good thing.

So much awareness has he added?  Is there someone out there that knows about the issue that didn't before this?  In any event, I think he was wrong.  It's my opinion, why am I not entitled to it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

While I think he could get his message across in a way that is not disrespectful to the flag/county/servicemen etc. the issue I have is how disruptive is his actions to his team. Is he putting his agenda before the team? Maybe the clubhouse chemistry isn't affected negatively but it does make me wonder.

• Upvote 1