• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Koepka

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Former USF golfer Chase Koepka finished T19th on the European PGA Tour this past weekend.

Wishing him continued success as  a professional golfer.

Hopefully, he'll eventually make it onto the USA PGA Tour, just as his brother, Brooks, has done.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=21997

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Former USF golfer Chase Koepka finished T19th on the European PGA Tour this past weekend.

Wishing him continued success as  a professional golfer.

Hopefully, he'll eventually make it onto the USA PGA Tour, just as his brother, Brooks, has done.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=21997

Have any former bulls played in the PGA? Wishing Chase the best of luck! How do you think our golf team will be this year?

Former USF golfer Oscar Fraustro was on the PGA tour last year. He's currently on the Web.com tour.

http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.30736.oscar-fraustro.html/career

This year, USF should have enough talent to once again make it to post season NCAA play.

We have three starting players from last year returning, plus two very good transfers who are immediately eligible and some quality freshmen.

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Update:

Chase Koepka is currently 8th on the European Challenge Tour Road to Oman. The top 15 players at the end of the season earn their European Tour card. That's what his brother Brooks did before finally making his way to the PGA Tour.

He is playing this weekend at the Irish Challenge.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2017/tournamentid=2017760/leaderboard/index.html#/leaderboard

• 2 weeks later...

Today, Chase Koepka made a big move up the leader board to finish in 2nd place at the Kzakhstan Open on the European Challenge Tour and is currently ranked #4 on the Road To Oman.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/players/playerid=41193/index.html

The top 15 players at the end of the season will earn a promotion to the European Tour.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/roadtooman/index.html

He now appears to be safely positioned to get his European Tour card, just like his brother , Brooks, did a few years ago.

Congrats.

Edited by Mama_Bull

Sunday, 24 September 2017

(European Tour)
(European Tour)

Tapio Pulkkanen fought hard to claim his maiden European Challenge Tour title by overcoming Chase Koepka in a three-hole play-off at the Kazakhstan Open.

The Finn started the day one shot behind overnight leader Erik van Rooyen but managed to overtake his playing partner after three birdies over the front nine at Nurtau Golf Club.

The big-hitting 27 year old continued to make light work of the par fives at the Almaty course, adding three further gains over the par-five 10th, 13th and 17th to sign for a closing round of 68 and a 17 under par total.

Already safe in the clubhouse on 17 under par was American Koepka after his own superb score of 66, leading to a play-off in Kazakhstan – just the second in the event’s 12-year history.

Both players teed it up again on the 18th and both had birdie chances after finding the green on the par-four hole. Koepka shaved the cup with his effort from 25 feet, while Pulkkanen saw his effort slide by from 12 feet.Each competitor failed to reach the green during their second attempt at the 18th, but both Koepka and Pulkkanen got up and down from the fringe with ease to take the tournament to a third extra hole.

At the third time of asking on the 18th, Koepka came unstuck hitting the trees to fall short of the green with his second shot – by contrast Pulkkanen found the heart of the green to set up a simple two-putt for par.

With Koepka unable to convert a 20-foot putt for par, Pulkkanen was afforded the luxury of tapping in from one foot for his first Challenge Tour triumph.

Having finished as a runner-up on two previous occasions this season, Pulkkanen was delighted to have gotten one over the line.

“I am feeling unreal right now,” he said. “It was really hard to remain focussed during the final two days as I just kept thinking about the future and what was at stake.

“It is an unbelievable feeling to have won one of the biggest events on the Challenge Tour. I just tried to treat each day as a new one and I managed to play one hundred per cent each time.

“I think I was in control today. I made a couple of bogeys but I was playing really well and it was really good to make birdie on 17 and force a play-off against Chase – I still can’t believe that the play-off went my way.

“This result is good enough for the European Tour, and I am really glad to have been able to have achieved that here – it is an awesome feeling to know I will be on the European Tour for next season.”

With victory in Kazakhstan Pulkkanen overtakes Aaron Rai to become the new leader on the Road to Oman after reaching 143,997 points.

Also rising up the Rankings is Koepka, whose runner up finish takes him to fourth place with 111,491 points. 

Read more at http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2017/tournamentid=2017764/news/newsid=332225.html#siD6cpKmAgcF9P2b.99

Edited by Mama_Bull

1 hour ago, TExpress said:

IMG_2421.JPG

Yes, they play in some out of the way places.

However, I really wonder why so few US players don't play more in Europe.

It broadens their experience and tests them on very different golf courses and in difficult weather conditions.

I think it better prepares them to be more well rounded golfers on the world stage.

This is the remaining schedule on the European Challenge Tour:

Sep 28Oct 01ESP

€200,000Oct 12Oct 15CHN

• Hainan Open
  • Sanya Luhuitou GC,Donghai Bay, Sanya, Hainan Island,China

$350,000Oct 19Oct 22CHN

• The Foshan Open
  • Foshan Golf Club,Shishan Town, Nanhai District, Foshan City,China

$500,000Oct 25Oct 28UAE

$350,000Nov 01Nov 04OMA

€400,000

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/tournament/index.html

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

Yes, they play in some out of the way places.

However, I really wonder why so few US players don't play more in Europe.

It broadens their experience and tests them on very different golf courses and in difficult weather conditions.

I think it better prepares them to be more well rounded golfers on the world stage.

This is the remaining schedule on the European Challenge Tour:

Sep 28Oct 01ESP

€200,000Oct 12Oct 15CHN

• Hainan Open
  • Sanya Luhuitou GC,Donghai Bay, Sanya, Hainan Island,China

$350,000Oct 19Oct 22CHN

• The Foshan Open
  • Foshan Golf Club,Shishan Town, Nanhai District, Foshan City,China

$500,000Oct 25Oct 28UAE

$350,000Nov 01Nov 04OMA

€400,000

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/tournament/index.html

I suspect it is very expensive

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I suspect it is very expensive

True, but trying to play on any professional golf tour is expensive.

Travelling from one tournament to another and staying at hotels, anywhere, adds up.

I don't know if Chase has any sponsors to help  him defray costs. I suspect he does, because of his brother.