• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grant Polk, OL, Virginia Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Officially a USF Bull according to his twitter account. Former teammate of Elijah Mack. 

https://twitter.com/GrantPolk?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

http://247sports.com/player/grant-polk-43015

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/190679/grant-polk

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/football/2016/4/23/11494200/virginia-football-grant-polk-transfer-offensive-tackle

"Redshirt freshman Grant Polk announced on Twitter today that he has been granted an unconditional release from Virginia Football. Originally a three-star recruit, Polk called it "the hardest decision I've ever had to make," as he now looks for another school that can help him develop both athletically and academically.

Here's a transcript of the picture:

I would like to announce that I have been given an unconditional release from the University of Virginia football program. This was a difficult decision for me ad my family and not one we have taken lightly. I would like to thank all of the UVA football staff and fans for all the support they’ve given me in the last year that I’ve been here. I will forever cherish the brotherhood and friendships I’ve made while here and wish nothing but the very best for my teammates and the entire program. At this point I’m looking for a school that can help me realize my full potential athletically and academically.

Polk had enrolled in January 2015 and participated in spring practice last year, but did not appear in any games last season. This comes just after Mendenhall had told the ACC media that he was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't as much attrition as he was expecting.

The loss leaves Virginia's offensive line shallow. We'll be able to see a little more of the OL in action during today's Spring Football Festival."

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

You can never have too many OLs!  This is great to hear!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We need Ol since we missed on a few tackles lately and some didnt pan out due to lingering issues.  Excited to see if it works out.