• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Go ahead and file this under "Most Obvious Thing to Happen This Weekend"

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Here's what I don't understand. Why does Taggart want these kids? He's at Oregon, he should easily be able to recruit kids of higher caliber but he is still recruiting kids that are mid 3 stars. He isn't going to win up at Oregon with this talent if I'm being honest, partly because a good chunk of them are going to transfer back to the southeast in a couple of years. I want the best for him as a coach but I don't expect him to stay there long with this talent.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Glad the kid is happy.  I was a big supporter of Willie T, but the number of "commits" he continued to recruit shows his true character.  I completely understand that he's paid to win and recruit, but there's something more here as he's seemingly gone out of his way to stick it to USF.  If a kid wants to follow I get it, but he seemed to chase them and ignore general traditions of respect.  He obviously earned the Oregon job, but you think someone that was a 3rd option would be more greatful to the University that helped him grow as a coach.  

Edited by thatBULL

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

Here's what I don't understand. Why does Taggart want these kids? He's at Oregon, he should easily be able to recruit kids of higher caliber but he is still recruiting kids that are mid 3 stars. He isn't going to win up at Oregon with this talent if I'm being honest, partly because a good chunk of them are going to transfer back to the southeast in a couple of years. I want the best for him as a coach but I don't expect him to stay there long with this talent.

Just late in the day to be trying to flip 4 stars...he's going after solid recruits he know he has a good chance to get.  Next year he'll have way more time to aim higher.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

4 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Go ahead and file this under "Most Obvious Thing to Happen This Weekend"

"I want to think god...and think my dad".

Student-athletes indeed, Judson keeps spelling Willie's name as Taggert. Geesh.

Still, I wish them luck. Their decisions, and I respect that.  Wonder if Taggart is going to go after any others.  Doubt it. What I really hope is that Strong upgrades over these decommits, and winds up maxing out these new scholarship opening.

He is taking these kids because he has a relationship with them already established. Look at it this way he only offered 3 from our class once at Oregon; that means he thinks those three can work out there. He is also recruiting at a high level on the west coast too. I personally can't blame the guy and expect him to take only a couple FL recruits a year from here on out. Him getting half his class from FL this year will end up being an anomaly 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

Just late in the day to be trying to flip 4 stars...he's going after solid recruits he know he has a good chance to get.  Next year he'll have way more time to aim higher.

I understand that but Strong is going after better recruits here at USF (Brini, Culpepper, Zachary Carter, AJ Davis, Dingle, etc...) so I don't understand why Taggart can't do the same up at a power five school. Just my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, JupiterBull said:

"I want to think god...and think my dad".

Student-athletes indeed, Judson keeps spelling Willie's name as Taggert. Geesh.

Still, I wish them luck. Their decisions, and I respect that.  Wonder if Taggart is going to go after any others.  Doubt it. What I really hope is that Strong upgrades over these decommits, and winds up maxing out these new scholarship opening.

The miss spelling from Davis doesn't surprise me as he still needs a test score to qualify. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

Taggie is gone. Let it go. I really don't care what he is doing now. 

That said, I can't wait until the new season starts. Nothing like football on the weekends...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

3 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Glad the kid is happy.  I was a big supporter of Willie T, but the number of "commits" he continued to recruit shows his true character.  I completely understand that he's paid to win and recruit, but there's something more here as he's seemingly gone out of his way to stick it to USF.  If a kid wants to follow I get it, but he seemed to chase them and ignore general traditions of respect.  He obviously earned the Oregon job, but you think someone that was a 3rd option would be more greatful to the University that helped him grow as a coach.  

He was also close to being run out of town before the Syracuse win that sparked the turnaround.  I still theorize that after the Elkino Watson murder, when Taggart told his players not to go, only to have Harlan publicly retract that directive, that it permanently scarred the Harlan-Taggart relationship, and Taggart detached...and was gone at first good op.  But hey, I'd rather Taggart leave at 10-2 than stay at 2-10.

If there is bad blood, it won't last, as Taggart needs to move on.  His buy out $$, plus our luck of Strong being available for 2 years mostly on Texas' money could wind up being the best thing to happen to our program.  So, he can poach a few, but that's not sustainable. I'm having a hard time wishing him the best, just being honest with myself.  But I'm more concerned with our NSD & the years ahead.

• Upvote 1