• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple, Oct 21, Friday night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Anyone going?  Suggestions on hotels, and Bulls gatherings before/after the game?  On the fence, but leaning to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

On 7/18/2016 at 7:50 PM, Bausfkid said:

All,

This is a beautiful time of year in Philly and the NE.  Temps are great with no humidity and the leaves will be at peak.  Bring a jacket and a coat as I've seen temps in the 80s and temps in the 20s with snow. 

Since AA bought US Air PHL can be expensive to fly in/out of depending on the route(s).  If the price is high try BWI.  It's about a 90 minute ride on 95 between the two cities. 

There is a Courtyard (Marriott) at the Navy Yard (South Philly).  You can walk from the hotel to the stadium (very safe) and to "Xfinity Live" and/or "Chickie & Pete's".  Everything else you'll need to drive or take the subway.  Center City (Philly) is the place to be, but it will cost you.  Loads of hotels from the luxury to the dumps.  If you find one PM me and I'll give you low down. Lots of cool stuff to do this time of year in Philly.

If Center City is to costly try west of the city in King of Prussia.  About a 35 minute drive.  Lots of stuff to do in this area.  It's the Philly burbs.  Very safe with lots of options.

Another option is to stay in Atlantic City (90 minute drive).  Should be priced right this time of year.  Loads of options and fun.  Just stay on the boardwalk.  If you venture off you're taking your life in your hands. 

Anything I can help with please let me know. 

Go Bulls!

I'm planning on coming up, I have a couple of friends who recently moved/are moving to the Philadelphia area. I haven't made a determination on hotel stay, but I might see if I can take some advantage of my points balance and book a hotel for free. I don't like the flights on AA, so I'm definitely going to look into BWI-I don't mind driving a little bit extra. It will also enable me to go see a friend of my family who has recently taken ill. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

You can also fly into Trenton

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  106

The GF and I will be travelling for the game. We'll be staying near the Reading Terminal market because of the Dutch breakfast place (WOW). There will be a little Atlantic City action as well as Chef Vola's for dinner one night. Looking forward to the trip!

Edited by Dan C.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

For those who are traveling for the game let me know if I can answer any questions for you on Philly and surrounding area.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

My flight is booked, my tickets are booked, and apparently it's easier to get a bunch of girls who don't follow football at all to come cheer on USF against Temple than it is to sell people on attending USF games here in the Tampa Bay area. 

Right now my party is as follows:

me

my friend Madiha (she's a Fulbright Scholar from Pakistan)

Madiha's roommates (there's two of them)

my friend Shivali (met her through Toastmasters, she works for Oracle, just moved to Philadelphia, decided out of the blue to go. she'll confirm with me today and assuming she says yes I'll get her ticket today). 

Edited by bullsbucsfan426

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm leaning for yes, early up Friday, back Saturday.  Just because.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Bausfkid - I'm looking at buying tickets for this game. I know I can buy them through USF and sit with our fans, but I am also wondering about the club level seats. These are priced higher but do they include club access like at Ray J? I'm asking because I have a one year old and having the club for my wife to take our little one would be a huge plus. We went to Syracuse last week and the little one did great, but the Temple game is a night game. I've tried to look online for a definitive answer but haven't found one. Do you know if access is included?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Dan, I'm not sure about Club access at Temple.  You may want to call Temple Athletics and ask.

I'm sitting on 50 yard line on the Temple side.  I made a mistake when buying the tickets (dummy).  We will end up moving.  I can't imagine a big crowd for this game.

On a side note I believe I remember seeing you at Syracuse at the end of the game holding the baby by the Bulls tunnel.  I was the guy yelling bring in the Noles.

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Cheap flight into Atlantic city on Friday, and a cheap flight out of Philly on Saturday.