• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New UCF Football Unis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Here is the best pics I have found. I have no idea how many watched the game...

Chdu5mHWUAAkSax.jpg

It is kind of funny how the official UCF pictures use items, such as the Goal marker in this pic, to hide empty areas to make it appear that the crowd extends to that area.

Other similar pics have, for example, the Nitro mascot standing in similar fashion close to the camera to blocking the empty area behind him.  Obviously good technique by the camera person to make a visual illusion

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36
  • Days Won:  0

So...spring game attendance smack...lol

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Dogma said:

They were pics from the  Sentinel. UCF marketing is not that sophisticated.

Edited by footnfan1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Wait, why are we arguing with UCiF fan about spring game attendance?

Why didn't someone remind me they can't count?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

O'Leary came to Orlando and wanted the uniforms to look like Georgia Tech (his previous team).

Now this coach takes over and wants the Orlando school to emulate Oregon (his previous team) in changing their uniforms every year. 

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

I like the uniforms. Well done.  I really like when teams have a unique number and letter font.  

I think 4 of the 5 state schools have some solid uniforms.  UF's is stale in my opinion. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, KB said:

I like the uniforms. Well done.  I really like when teams have a unique number and letter font.  

I think 4 of the 5 state schools have some solid uniforms.  UF's is stale in my opinion. 

It seems like anytime UF rolls out a new Uni, they lose. They might be  a little gun shy.

I get the old school Universities sticking with traditions, but for newer schools, it just seems to make sense, go big or go home. USF has had some great recent options, and I have always felt until recently, UCF was way behind the  curve, and well behind the forward Uni's of USF.

I'll hold on my judgement until next year, and if they don't win at least 6 games, it really wont matter what they wear IMO

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

However someone needs to tell the idiot that wrote the blog entry that nowhere near 23k fans went to the spring game.  23k got tickets to the "Fastivel" (that is going to be great to make fun of this year), but if a third actually made it to the stadium I'd be surprised.  The stands were mostly empty.

UCF is located in the land of make-believe, with knights and pegasi, after all. Congrats to the knights Though for no longer looking like an arena fb team.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

On 5/6/2016 at 6:27 AM, footnfan1 said:

Here is the best pics I have found. I have no idea how many watched the game...

Chdu5mHWUAAkSax.jpg

On 5/21/2016 at 11:10 AM, SquareKnight said:

It's easy to go out and find the worst possible photo of fan attendance to "prove" your point.  This actually supports exactly what I said.  The press box at BHNS stretches between the 15 yard lines. It is mostly full except for two sections in the upper level just to the right of the pylon.  Look at the lower level...completely full from one edge of the photo to the other.  There are at least 8,000 people just in this photo alone. :clubfight:

First, fnf is a UCF fan and don't think he's trying to "prove" any point, just providing pictures. I doubt any of those sections are completely full because that's the beauty of bench seating. A row could be only half full but look full because of the spacing of people ..... but even if your inflated number of 8K is correct for that pic, from other pics posted, that pic depicts the major bulk of those in attendance, so Data's 12K is probably pretty close, maybe a little low .... which, don't get me wrong, is still darn good for a Spring Game at our level but it's nowhere near the laughable 23K that was trying to be passed off.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

There have been multiple pics by people tweeting from the UCF that shows that same section panned out...someone posted a pic in the middle of the student section that made it look like there were 40k people...then someone posted a pic panned out showing that same student which in actuality showed that section being relatively small...the point of all of this is the tactic UCF uses...are they ever not going spin something?  Grow a sack for Chrsit sake and call things like they are...