Sign in to follow this  
Triple B

#3 in Florida

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

No, we need all the legislators we can get--"s*h*i*t*t*y" or otherwise. With 12 law schools in the state, I'd be beyond shocked if we were tabbed to get the next public one.

Says the resident Mad Cow "libertarian". Getting past my on-liner, yes, I agree that more influence would be better for USF. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2016 at 8:03 AM, George Jenkins said:

Says the resident Mad Cow "libertarian". Getting past my on-liner, yes, I agree that more influence would be better for USF. 

I guess I'm the defacto torch bearer until Charsibb makes his return. Someone needs to provide some balance to the Mad Cow lunacy. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ross Spano, USF alum, is up for reelection for state house for Brandon area. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2016 at 8:10 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

Ross Spano, USF alum, is up for reelection for state house for Brandon area. 

 

On 5/25/2016 at 1:49 PM, George Jenkins said:

So USF produces fewer ******** than UF and FSU? Im okay with that.

I stand by my statement. Not exactly my cup of tea, and where he went to college is near the bottom of my concern list, but to each their own.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/142164/ross-spano#.V1GSzZErKM8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UF number 10 nation wide is bogus. So is FSU placement. 

Edited by Gismo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 27, 2016 at 11:30 PM, USF_Grouper said:

#3 in FL is reasonable but I have to question any ranking that puts FSU #36 nationwide... That is a football/party school... I am not sure I have ever read a peer reviewed paper published by someone working out of that school!

This is so ignorant it's funny.  Also, you clearly don't read peer-reviewed articles.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2016 at 7:49 AM, Paisa el Toro said:

I guess I'm the defacto torch bearer until Charsibb makes his return. Someone needs to provide some balance to the Mad Cow lunacy. :D

I'm back, you can step back from the ledge.

But we actually DO need more libertarian politicians in state and local government. If USF is the school to produce them, fine and good.

I have no problems with a state spending money on education, if you don't like the level of funding you can move to another state. But I do have major issued with the feds spending a penny on education (outside of DC or other federal territories, that is)

We'll never get from #3 to #2 unless we get more alums in the state house. Which one of you lunatics wants to run?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 5:16 AM, NCBull said:

This is so ignorant it's funny.  Also, you clearly don't read peer-reviewed articles.

Yeah - the Criminals are just a power house of academic excellence... That is why they get so much industry funded research and so many patents.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 8:16 AM, NCBull said:

This is so ignorant it's funny.  Also, you clearly don't read peer-reviewed articles.

I know they have had some decent behavioral science research come out of FSU. 

 

That said, I don't think too highly of FSU. They were never even a consideration for me. I think USF, (and even UCF), is a much better school overall. And knowing the people out of my high school class that did go to FSU, I don't put too much stock in their academics. And regarding STEM, I'd place them behind UF, USF, and UCF, probably even behind FAU.

I really do not understand how FSU seems to be placed so far ahead of USF and UCF, it's just football and age only. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gismo said:

I know they have had some decent behavioral science research come out of FSU. 

 

That said, I don't think too highly of FSU. They were never even a consideration for me. I think USF, (and even UCF), is a much better school overall. And knowing the people out of my high school class that did go to FSU, I don't put too much stock in their academics. And regarding STEM, I'd place them behind UF, USF, and UCF, probably even behind FAU.

I really do not understand how FSU seems to be placed so far ahead of USF and UCF, it's just football and age only. 

It's due to the number of alumni in the state legislature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Friday ABC 3:30 p.m. EDT
    1
    2
    3
    4
    Tot
    Bulls
    7
    13
    14
    0
    34
    Central Fla
    21
    0
    7
    7
    35