• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ken Montgomery, DB 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

It won't change, because, it really is beyond his control.

As much as prospects might love the idea of playing for him, its very difficult for them to pass up all the opportunities they have from major football powers in the P5, where they might play for a national title and have a better chance of going to the NFL.

Players loved Taggart, but he wasn't pulling in elite prospects while at USF. Now that he is at Oregon, he's landing a boatload of such players.

There is a lot of truth to this. However, Taggart never had the momentum behind him during his recruiting cycles that CCS does currently. We are positioned as the top G5 program in the country as well as being ranked preseason top 25. Combine that with the attention QF has sparked and having 3 players drafted in the off season. CCS is in a much better position than xCWT ever was. Not to mention the reputation and track record of xCWT during his tenure verse what CCS has accomplished. Point being, I don't think it is fair to either coach to compare the situations as if they were carbon copies. 

I'm not saying you will see an influx of 4 star prospects in this recruiting cycle, however if it were ever to happen this is our best shot to date. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If USF lives up to its hype this season, we will have a better chance of landing some elite prospects, once the bowls are over. 

Right now, many people wonder if USF is merely a fluke, because of QF. CCS also needs to show that the team can play defense.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, IBulleve said:

There is a lot of truth to this. However, Taggart never had the momentum behind him during his recruiting cycles that CCS does currently. We are positioned as the top G5 program in the country as well as being ranked preseason top 25. Combine that with the attention QF has sparked and having 3 players drafted in the off season. CCS is in a much better position than xCWT ever was. Not to mention the reputation and track record of xCWT during his tenure verse what CCS has accomplished. Point being, I don't think it is fair to either coach to compare the situations as if they were carbon copies. 

I'm not saying you will see an influx of 4 star prospects in this recruiting cycle, however if it were ever to happen this is our best shot to date. 

And this is where my thoughts were going to.

Our stock is at its highest in years and if we are no able to start pulling in a couple 4 stars now, when will we? Maybe if we hit on another good QB to keep things rolling?

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

BREAKING: @KenKensmiley5 tells me @USFFootball is in contention for his services. So its #Bama, #WeAre, #OhioState, #UCLA & #USF #Thursday

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

Thursday 6pm we will know!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NessUSF said:

BREAKING: @KenKensmiley5 tells me @USFFootball is in contention for his services. So its #Bama, #WeAre, #OhioState, #UCLA & #USF #Thursday

This is going to be broadcast live on Spectrum Sports and the tv spots promoting it only have the graphics for the 4 .... May be a good sign if he wants to be known that we're still in there.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

You may recall that Zachary Carter gave us a look last year and he was graduating from Hillsborough High. My assumption is that Montgomery added USF out of respect that HH has for USF. Their coach was recently out in the media stating that he had no problem recommending USF and Coach Strong to his players. I know Montgomery has liked USF for a while, so I'm not shocked to see us on the list. But I'd feel more confident that this wasn't just a nod to Coach Strong if this commitment was taking place closer to signing day. It's been a while since a 4 star committed to USF this early in the process. Maybe Grothe or Carlton Hill committed in the summer, but I'm not certain. (I'm not certain if Grothe was a 4 star or not).  I guess you could count Bruce Judson or Asainti Wouldard, but you saw how those commitments played out.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It might just be Garcia convincing him to give USF some national press and love, but it is great to just be included with those 4 programs. If we could land 2 of the local 4 star players annually we would be in incredible shape, especially given the level of competition in the AAC. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Newberg put in a crystal ball for Montgomery to USF today fwiw...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

Here are all the predictions for him. Right now a 50/50 split between us and UCLA

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness