• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ken Montgomery, DB 2018

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Even if we don't land him, just being in a top 5 of that caliber shows that Strong is doing wonders on the recruiting trail.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

10 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Even if we don't land him, just being in a top 5 of that caliber shows that Strong is doing wonders on the recruiting trail.

At some point CCS needs to LAND a local 4-star prospect, in order for other such players to take USF seriously. Someone needs to be first. Hopefully, it is Montgomery.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

52 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

35 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

At some point CCS needs to LAND a local 4-star prospect, in order for other such players to take USF seriously. Someone needs to be first. Hopefully, it is Montgomery.

Yeah, not sure I'd call what CCS has done so far as "doing wonders" but he appears to have picked up where xCWT left off ..... which is not a bad thing by any means. And maybe I'm mistaken but none of the 3 recruiting services has Montgomery as a 4-star, do they?

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, not sure I'd call what CCS has done so far as "doing wonders" but he appears to have picked up where xCWT left off ..... which is not a bad thing by any means. And maybe I'm mistaken but none of the 3 recruiting services has Montgomery as a 4-star, do they?

He is a 4-star on ESPN. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/217772/ken-montgomery

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I love me some CCS, but "doing wonders" by finishing 5th on 4-star recruit? 

giphy.gif

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

I love me some CCS, but "doing wonders" by finishing 5th on 4-star recruit? 

giphy.gif

Okay, so doing wonders wasn't the right thing to say. My point was the fact that we weren't even being considered after he originally finalized his top 4 when he announced the day he was going to be announcing his decision.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

6 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

For some reason, probably senility, I thought ESPN and Scout were the same thing.

The reality is that the ENTIRE AAC only had TWO 4-star commits in the 2017 class, according to 247. I didn't check the other recruiting sites.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

So far, the ENTIRE ACC for the 2018 class has a verbal from only ONE 4-star.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=AAC

Even with a top 25 football ranking, it seems that USF is just too hampered by its conference affiliation, to pull in elite prospects.

If USF can maintain a top 25 ranking again next year, perhaps we will have better success in recruiting higher level players, despite being in the AAC.

No doubt, CCS is a great recruiter, but even he can only do so much, when the cards are so stacked against him.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340

20 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

If he doesn't, what will be the perception of Strong?

25 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

If he doesn't, what will be the perception of Strong?

It won't change, because, it really is beyond his control.

As much as prospects might love the idea of playing for him, its very difficult for them to pass up all the opportunities they have from major football powers in the P5, where they might play for a national title and have a better chance of going to the NFL.

Players loved Taggart, but he wasn't pulling in elite prospects while at USF. Now that he is at Oregon, he's landing a boatload of such players.