• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grade of Recruitment Class

Grade of Recruitment Class  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, bullcocky101 said:

Unless we get Calloway back,our defensive line is screwed going forward unless Taggart plans on going with an undersized line of 4 DE. Also, if Keno Dillon goes down who do we go to at TE? With that said, we have a crap ton of defensive backs and WRs.

We have Adkinson, Wilcox, and Nataro who I believe were all 3 star recruits behind Dillon. Yes they haven't played and are unknown, but no more so than a true freshman would be.

I really wanted a DT as well, but don't press the panic button yet. Hector and Senat will both be only JR's. Bronson a SO. Gonzalez was a highly rated recruit and would have seen playing time last year as a True Freshman if not for injury. Getting Calloway back this year is probably from what I have heard but not guaranteed. 

Edited by BucsandBulls

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart said he thinks that this is the best class since he's been here. I would agree and give it an A. But there's this: http://footballscoop.com/news/video-what-if-coaches-were-brutally-honest-about-how-they-felt-about-their-signing-day-classes/

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

We have Adkinson, Wilcox, and Nataro who I believe were all 3 star recruits behind Dillon. Yes they haven't played and are unknown, but no more so than a true freshman would be.

I really wanted a DT as well, but don't press the panic button yet. Hector and Senat will both be only JR's. Bronson a SO. Gonzalez was a highly rated recruit and would have seen playing time last year as a True Freshman if not for injury. Getting Calloway back this year is probably from what I have heard but not guaranteed. 

I think Adkinson was a walk on. Nataro left the team last year. We have Dillon and Wilcox (who the staff really likes apparently) at TE barring some position changing.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Of course any recruiting cycle should get an incomplete until we see who can deliver on the field. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222

1 hour ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Taggart said he thinks that this is the best class since he's been here. I would agree and give it an A. But there's this: http://footballscoop.com/news/video-what-if-coaches-were-brutally-honest-about-how-they-felt-about-their-signing-day-classes/

I would say the 2014 class is his best, but that's easy to say now when we look back at it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'll tell you in 3 years. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

A-.  Would like to have seen 1 DT brought in, unless he plans on putting some weight on some DE's and converting them to DT's, which could absolutely happen but will take a year or 2.

Given our situation as a member of the American, realistically what we can hope for every year is to be one of the top 2 or 3 "G5" recruiting classes each and every year.  So far, Taggart has delivered.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307

6 hours ago, SANJAY said:

I think Adkinson was a walk on. Nataro left the team last year. We have Dillon and Wilcox (who the staff really likes apparently) at TE barring some position changing.

Man you really just crushed my comfort level with the depth of our TE's. I had no idea Nataro had left, good call.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

3 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

Man you really just crushed my comfort level with the depth of our TE's. I had no idea Nataro had left, good call.

Not a great year for Florida TEs coming out of high school. Heck FSU flipped a kid from us that we flipped from Georgia Southern. Saving grace is that we have some options. Play a 6th OL in short yardage. Convert someone from the defense to be a blocking HBack. Pray Swanson comes back(just saying but I have heard nothing to make me think that's possible). Or run more 4 WR spread.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508

On February 3, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Sellular1 said:

B+ if comparing to the AAC

D+ if comparing it to all other teams in CFB

Dont follow recruiting a lot I see...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1