• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DeVontres Dukes, 2016 WR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Would be great to get another WR commit in this class. Like Salomon, this guy is an athlete. We have really missed true athleticism at the receiver position, and have only started to remedy the lack thereof in the last year or so. Still don't really have a stud receiver who is a true outside guy, it would be awesome if one of these two could develop into that.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

While I agree that I would love to have this WR commit along with Salomon, because you can never have too much talent. I think that WR is one of our deepest positions where we could really see some names shine next year if we can get enough balls to go around and I don't expect Freshmen to get much playing time. Adams (our elder statesman), MVS, Bronson, McCants, Reed, Barr, Legree, and don't forget about Clerveaux who was supposedly wowing coaches in camp before losing his 2015 season to injury.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

We lose Adams and Legree this year so you have to backfill.

28 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

While I agree that I would love to have this WR commit along with Salomon, because you can never have too much talent. I think that WR is one of our deepest positions where we could really see some names shine next year if we can get enough balls to go around and I don't expect Freshmen to get much playing time. Adams (our elder statesman), MVS, Bronson, McCants, Reed, Barr, Legree, and don't forget about Clerveaux who was supposedly wowing coaches in camp before losing his 2015 season to injury.

Most in that list make up a ton of talented smaller, inside guys - Barr looked great especially - which is why we aren't recruiting that type of guy this year. MVS is promising but still very much an unknown quantity (same goes for Clerveaux). Bronson is the only other true outside guy and he hasn't really developed the consistency we've all hoped thus far. None of those guys have the speed + athleticism + size combo that these two do.

Someone said on another board (I think), and it rang true - these two are the type of project receivers that often end up at UCF and then (sometimes) turn into NFL-type talent. Good to see us getting more of that type, even if they have their question marks.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  1

I think I am most excited to see McCants get some more playing time this year. He looked explosive a couple times he caught the ball.  MVS and Clearveaux are both unknown, but are both 6'3" so should slot in as challengers outside. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

I think I am most excited to see McCants get some more playing time this year. He looked explosive a couple times he caught the ball.  MVS and Clearveaux are both unknown, but are both 6'3" so should slot in as challengers outside. 

MVS isn't an unknown...i expect him to start along with Adams

4 minutes ago, jg233 said:

He's definitely an unknown. He had a promising freshman year, regressed somewhat as a sophomore, and then left NCST after getting beat out for time and hasn't played in over a year. He's got a lot of promise, and reports have been good, but like the all transfers, there is a reason he is no longer at his prior school. I really hope he pans out, though.

In any event, assuming you're right, these kids are c/o 2016, and when your best options on the outside have zero (Adams) and one (MVS) practical years of eligibility remaining after this one, you need to plan for the future.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Correct, he played well at NC State against ACC teams, so I expect him to get a lot of playing time and excel in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

I'm very glad that he signed with us, he will be a top receiver In a year or two I think 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome aboard Mr. Dukes

• Upvote 1