• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For Bourbon Folks

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

On 5/2/2018 at 1:46 PM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Words that come to mind at the mention of Jim Beam White are paint thinner. 

If I were you, I would stop mixing the two and drinking it immediately!  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 5/5/2017 at 8:27 PM, GaUSFBull said:

What does everyone think of straight up Jim Beam bourbon?  Recently acquired a bottle ... do people like it neat?  On rocks?  Or is it mainly a bourbon for mixing?

Jack or Jim mixed coke and a lime is my typical cocktail drink order. Although Me and Jim go way back to high school, I will admit I am also new to the Bourbon world outside of that.

I am looking to get into trying some bourbons that are good to drink straight. I don't usually like things neat so any suggestions that go well on the rocks would be appreciated. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

11 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Jack or Jim mixed coke and a lime is my typical cocktail drink order. Although Me and Jim go way back to high school, I will admit I am also new to the Bourbon world outside of that.

I am looking to get into trying some bourbons that are good to drink straight. I don't usually like things neat so any suggestions that go well on the rocks would be appreciated. 

Four Roses Small Batch

Knob Creek

Elijah Craig

Makers Mark

21 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Four Roses Small Batch

Knob Creek

Elijah Craig

Makers Mark

Thanks, I read earlier where someone said to try Knob Creek and Makers Mark and that will give you idea into your likes. I think I will start with those as I have also seen them in my local liquor store. I live in the middle of no where so selection can be an issue. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

45 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Thanks, I read earlier where someone said to try Knob Creek and Makers Mark and that will give you idea into your likes. I think I will start with those as I have also seen them in my local liquor store. I live in the middle of no where so selection can be an issue. 

You’re welcome.

Maker’s is a wheat bourbon (sweeter), while the others are rye bourbons (spicier).

While I recommend Knob Creek,  In your case I would go with the Four Roses  Small Batch, and Maker’s.   If you can’t find the FR Small Batch,  look for  it’s cheaper cousin, Four Roses (Yellow Label).

If your house water is chlorinated or contains iron, it will negatively  affect the taste of the 🥃..buy a bag of ice in a store. 

Enjoy!

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

For those bourbon lovers in the Tampa area that may need a trim or a shave:

https://www.thebourbonbarber.com/

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barton-1792-distillery-collapse-today-latest-updates-2018-07-04/ 

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Whiskey barrels were piled in a mountainous heap Wednesday after the rest of a whiskey storage warehouse collapsed in Kentucky, nearly two weeks after part of the decades-old structure came crashing down. In a statement, the company said its employees "worked quickly to contain the spill" Wednesday, with none of the new runoff entering any waterways. 

😭😭

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/13/2018 at 12:29 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

For those bourbon lovers in the Tampa area that may need a trim or a shave:

https://www.thebourbonbarber.com/

This place looks worth a trip. I am going to keep this one in my pocket!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have been working on some new clubs and I thought this thread would serve great as one. Advantages would be being able to organize different brands and distilleries into separate conversations while still being in a singular place instead of sorting through all the pages this could build up to find that one brand that one person mentioned four months ago. I am going to send out some invitations to some of you that have been posting on this thread but I will most likely miss some and I apologize.