• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    AAC_Championship_MensBasketball_Print_Full_24_CMYK.png
    American Athletic Conference Tournament

Next: @ UCF, Tue, 3/19, 9 pm, ESPN+

1 2 Final  
    #4 UAB 38 55 93  
    #1 Bulls 30 53 83  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN2  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Defeated ECU 91-59

For Bourbon Folks

Apis Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,065
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for sharing...fun to read through.  I'm a scotch drinker but have been on a bourbon kick for a couple months and have developed a true appreciation for our native whiskey.  I was happy to see I'd had about 11 on this list already, and my personal favorite Eagle Rare is rated #4 (got a bottle in the cabinet right now).  Got a lot more to try still!  ;)    

I was less happy to see a clear price list of just how much North Carolina's monopoly on liquor stores is costing me per bottle...enjoy your free market in Florida, gents.  (And buying on Sunday...can't buy booze on the holy day here...)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,711
  • Days Won:  17

So many bourbons, so little time. I would add 4 Roses Barrel Select, if you can find it. Working on the Wild Turkey Rare Breed right now. Tastes very not aged and not what I was hoping for. They were spot on with the Elijah Craig 12 year. Great value there.

Thanks for posting Apis.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  6

Wow, this is great. At 56, I have just recently discovered  these spirits. I have tried several, but I am going shopping today! Thanks!!

Edited by footnfan1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,065
  • Days Won:  7

I finally gifted myself a bottle of Angel's Envy.  Very solid...the port barrel Finish gives it a subtle complexity.  It's almost too smooth, really.  Eagle Rare is still my top choice (in large part because it's $30/btl vs $45 for AE), but AE is a close second.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

#31 Bulleit Bourbon Frontier whiskey is my personal favorite on the list.  They make a 10 year that is worth the extra.  

Jim beam black is also good.

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2015 at 9:16 AM, NCBull said:

I finally gifted myself a bottle of Angel's Envy.  Very solid...the port barrel Finish gives it a subtle complexity.  It's almost too smooth, really.  Eagle Rare is still my top choice (in large part because it's $30/btl vs $45 for AE), but AE is a close second.

I tried a bunch over the new years time off. AE was spectacular, as was Gentleman Jack, J Daniels single barrel was wonderful. If you want full flavor and a wow factor, Elijah Craig and Four Rose single barrel stood out but the wow winner was  Elijah Craig. Also tried some Woodford Reserve and Buffalo Trace  which were both good.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Great link, APIs!

Knob Creek will probably always be my sentimental favorite, best bourbon for the money I think.  I like Angel's Envy as a change of pace and possibly a bit better, but not normally worth the extra dollars.  Four Roses Single Barrel is another excellent choice in that price range, for a bit more you can't go wrong with Booker's.  The original Woodford Reserve has a somewhat similiar profile to Knob Creek but smoother if the Creek is too harsh for your taste.

I'm a fan of the whole Elijah Craig line.  Best bourbon I've ever had the pleasure of tasting was Elijah Craig 23 year.  As a general rule, i can't afford to buy that on a regular basis. :)  

On the lower end of the scale, I'm a fan of Four Roses Yellow Label and Buffalo Trace.

On the negative side,I personally don't like any of the Maker's Mark or Evan Williams lines. And I could name several other duds but they aren't worth knowing.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,711
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, DataBull said:

On the negative side,I personally don't like any of the Maker's Mark or Evan Williams lines. And I could name several other duds but they aren't worth knowing.

Elijah and Evan are made in the same place, but I know what you mean and agree with you. I got the Makers cask strength as a gift for a friend a couple weeks ago and it wasn't bad if you let it sit for a minute with a drop or 2 of water, but definitely wouldn't spend the 50 buck on it again.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DataBull said:

Great link, APIs!

Knob Creek will probably always be my sentimental favorite, best bourbon for the money I think.  I like Angel's Envy as a change of pace and possibly a bit better, but not normally worth the extra dollars.  Four Roses Single Barrel is another excellent choice in that price range, for a bit more you can't go wrong with Booker's.  The original Woodford Reserve has a somewhat similiar profile to Knob Creek but smoother if the Creek is too harsh for your taste.

I'm a fan of the whole Elijah Craig line.  Best bourbon I've ever had the pleasure of tasting was Elijah Craig 23 year.  As a general rule, i can't afford to buy that on a regular basis. :)  

On the lower end of the scale, I'm a fan of Four Roses Yellow Label and Buffalo Trace.

Data, thank you. I am  Bourbon noob, so I am really just learning about the beverage. There is a LOT to learn! I purchased a bunch to try, and then checked some knowledge sources before I opened them, one I chose not to open. So, I am going to return it and thanks to you, try some Elijah 23 year!

I have passed on Makers mark and the like. I have tried Nob Creek, but my evaluation escapes me...so I will try it again.

I tend to be a neat sipper, maybe over some ice, I choose not to add water. Obviously the ice does that for me, but I like it neat or chilled.

Thanks to everyone for the information and suggestions.