• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2016 WR Darnell Salomon Miami Central

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Hey Darnell, get a clue. Florida, 73 degrees and sunny.

I get it though, many kids have not traveled. I would take every  visit, have fun, its not often that everyone you meet, that calls, that e mails you, thinks you are the best thing since low carb ice cream.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

I get it though, many kids have not traveled. I would take every  visit, have fun, its not often that everyone you meet, that calls, that e mails you, thinks SAYS you are the best thing since low carb ice cream.

FIFY

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Darnell. You can freeze in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.

OR! 

You can enjoy 73 degree weather in January.

Beach season starts in March/April. 

Florida girls are way  better looking. See this Girls of Pitt thread: 

WARNING! DO NOT CLICK ON THE GIRLS OF PITT THREAD UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE TEARING OUT YOUR EYES! IT IS FILTHY! 

Academics are a wash. Plus we're scientifically very, very strong. And accounting.

Temple does not send WR to the NFL.

Pitt is an old industrial town, there's no fun things to do there if you're not eating their greasy food, which we know you won't anyway because you take care of your body. 

We don't have cancelled flights because snow storms coming rolling through town...and hurricanes usually miss Tampa and go hit some middle of nowhere place in Mississippi or maybe Texas after leaving a few inches of rain, which doesn't require a snow plow to wash away. 

Congrats on being a Bull! Please stick with us!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

I get it though, many kids have not traveled. I would take every  visit, have fun, its not often that everyone you meet, that calls, that e mails you, thinks you are the best thing since low carb ice cream.

On the other hand, Miami/Tampa weather is brutal for the majority of the year. Hot and humid as hell, sweating balls by the time I get into work. Cold weather and snow can be fun for 4 years if you've never experienced it and aren't driving back and forth everywhere. Sometimes a new environment is enticing for people. My childhood was spent in Chappaqua, NY and I loved it. I'll go back up to NY every couple of years with my fiancee who was born and raised in Tampa and she loves the snow. People here seem to put so much emphasis on the weather (these kids aren't buying a home, living and working there forever). Having said that, I'd be shocked if he chooses Temple since they are in the same conference as us and I'd be surprised if he chooses Pitt. But, with Dugans leaving, who really knows?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Wait...are you...saying the weather...isn't always perfect in Tampa??  I've been assured it's one of our greatest recruiting advantages!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

3 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Wait...are you...saying the weather...isn't always perfect in Tampa??  I've been assured it's one of our greatest recruiting advantages!

No, get with the program. It's Publix subs and chicken wings that is the greatest recruiting advantage. I keep trying to work in single moms dancing around tubes, but that doesn't seem to catch fire like Publix. :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, CPR said:

On the other hand, Miami/Tampa weather is brutal for the majority of the year. Hot and humid as hell, sweating balls by the time I get into work. Cold weather and snow can be fun for 4 years if you've never experienced it and aren't driving back and forth everywhere. Sometimes a new environment is enticing for people. My childhood was spent in Chappaqua, NY and I loved it. I'll go back up to NY every couple of years with my fiancee who was born and raised in Tampa and she loves the snow. People here seem to put so much emphasis on the weather (these kids aren't buying a home, living and working there forever). Having said that, I'd be shocked if he chooses Temple since they are in the same conference as us and I'd be surprised if he chooses Pitt. But, with Dugans leaving, who really knows?

maybe as a little kid or other later stage in life but College Life is much better in warm weather states. Almost the entire Spring semester is borderline gray depressing for a lot of these BIG 10 schools, by the time it warms up it is summer break

Edited by ambienknights

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042

35 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

maybe as a little kid or other later stage in life but College Life is much better in warm weather states. Almost the entire Spring semester is borderline gray depressing for a lot of these BIG 10 schools, by the time it warms up it is summer break

My point is, a reason why I choose a school wouldn't be based on weather (academically or athletically). I'm just surprised at the other 2 schools that made his top 3. I'm guessing he wanted some free trips.

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266

4 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Darnell. You can freeze in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh.

OR! 

You can enjoy 73 degree weather in January.

Beach season starts in March/April. 

Florida girls are way  better looking. See this Girls of Pitt thread: 

WARNING! DO NOT CLICK ON THE GIRLS OF PITT THREAD UNLESS YOU WISH TO BE TEARING OUT YOUR EYES! IT IS FILTHY! 

Academics are a wash. Plus we're scientifically very, very strong. And accounting.

Temple does not send WR to the NFL.

Pitt is an old industrial town, there's no fun things to do there if you're not eating their greasy food, which we know you won't anyway because you take care of your body. 

We don't have cancelled flights because snow storms coming rolling through town...and hurricanes usually miss Tampa and go hit some middle of nowhere place in Mississippi or maybe Texas after leaving a few inches of rain, which doesn't require a snow plow to wash away. 

Congrats on being a Bull! Please stick with us!

Weird, I must have been the last one to post on the Girls of Pitt.  

Edited by Rizman

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, CPR said:

My point is, a reason why I choose a school wouldn't be based on weather (academically or athletically). I'm just surprised at the other 2 schools that made his top 3. I'm guessing he wanted some free trips.

How about college girls being able to show skin for almost the entire spring semester? Girls in sundresses or short skirts>>>>>>girls in winter coats and pants.