• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not just FIRE Willie, but a Grass Roots effort to bring back CJL!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

No one was a bigger Leavitt fan than me, but no interest in bringing him back at this point. We have moved on at this point.

To where?, the wheels on the bus have fallen off.  We stink and I see no way we are winning much if anything else this year.

I will say this. I'm confused why it's such a crazy idea. There are countless people who have left and returned to a company or team in the past. He's back in college and will get a head job somewhere.

I'm naive I guess. In my job I have to battle against people who would happily see me get fired or go to jail on a mistake that would get them rich and move past it quickly and deal with them again.

No there aren't.  None. Zero. Zilch.  Nada.  There has NEVER BEEN a college coach that was FIRED and then came back to coach at that school.  NEVER.  Not once.

That is why it's such a crazy idea.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

They (at least one) have been hired back in other capacities.

I just see the Frank Kush situation here every season.  He's such a huge part of ASU.  When ASU realized they were hurting the program, they brought him back.  They realized you can't just pretend your history doesn't exist.  Real life is not academics, and vice versa. 

USF since the beginning of the Leavitt fiasco was out of touch with reality and pretty much remain there today.  Others would say they're in over their heads.  Same thing.  CFB is a business in a sense and they are horrible outside the safety of the school environs.

It's too bad the lying Miller family didn't produce a lawsuit, because that's about the only major difference in the cases.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I just see the Frank Kush situation here every season.  He's such a huge part of ASU.  When ASU realized they were hurting the program, they brought him back.  They realized you can't just pretend your history doesn't exist.  Real life is not academics, and vice versa. 

USF since the beginning of the Leavitt fiasco was out of touch with reality and pretty much remain there today.  Others would say they're in over their heads.  Same thing.  CFB is a business in a sense and they are horrible outside the safety of the school environs.

It's too bad the lying Miller family didn't produce a lawsuit, because that's about the only major difference in the cases.

Liars, thieves, and low character folks. Pity they were allowed to crater a great program and a coach's life work.  Dirtbags that associated with dirtbags like Colby Erskin and Brett McMurphy.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

This **** is ridiculous and lowers us as a program.

There is a "lower" ???

Maybe...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't Judy on the clock?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

I would be shocked if Leavitt would even consider the situation in the first place  - and who would blame him.

Worst move USF has ever made firing him.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

My stance has softened over the years on Coach Leavitt - however the program is bigger than one person and ALWAYS will be. Whether you believe the Millers, Erskins and whomever else was involved with the incident back in 2009, we've made two recent hires that didn't work based on multiple variables in play - plain and simple. This happens EVERYWHERE - we as fans and former players are too close to the program to pull our bias out of the equation to realize this reality.

Prime examples of programs that have been in our shoes in the last 20 years (with way deeper pockets than USF) - let's start with Notre Dame. After Lou Holtz left (he's a saint to most Irish fans and former players), Bob Davie, George O'Leary, Tyrone Willingham, Kent Baer and Charlie Weis all played an integral part in ruining a powerhouse (compared to our standards). Now, they have Chip Kelly who is doing a **** good job of making them relevant again.

How about Alabama - no one can hold a candle to Bear Bryant if you talk to 'Bama fans (even though Saban has a better overall winning percentage in a tougher era of football). However after the Bear, Gene Stallings eventually came along and left a National Championship in the coffers of 'Bama lure. Who came after Stallings? Well, Mike Duboise, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, Mike Schula and then Joe Kines. Now that Nick Saban has rescued the program, civility has returned to 'Bama.

You can look at every meddling program in America and find similar situations as ours - one coach made the program relevant for multiple years (yet didn't win a National Championship - heck, not even a conference championship) and the successive hires have not lived up to the previous coach's billing. If Skip or Willie had delivered even an inkling of the success our little sister to the East has had over the last three years, we would be whistling to a different tune (although it sure is nice seeing them 0-3 presently facing 0-4 soon).

You want some facts - the rules changed once Skip Holtz was hired. The recruits Leavitt could get away with bringing into the program (and there's a long line of them extending back to our first crop of recruits brought to USF), were off limits during Skip's tenure academically. Essentially, the same recruits that we thrived on were off limits to the last regime (and not because they didn't want the players). However as fans, not everyone is privy to this information unless you have a coach's ear within the program.

The current head coach is falling on his own sword in my personal opinion. It's blatantly obvious Coach Taggart is in over his head. One can go back three years and realize where bad decisions have been made continuously both on and off the field. Coach Taggart's era has been a train wreck - and it's sad because some of his coaching hires have been solid in my opinion (from both an on field and off field perspective). 

Should Leavitt be brought back other than to flip a coin and to honor how he built the program from scratch - HELL NO with all due respect to Coach Leavitt. That's like looking back on an ex-girlfriend many years later who manipulated your life ten ways to Sunday and thinking she's better than your wife because your wife has put on 10 pounds. The experiences with the ex-girlfriend will never be forgotten, however, there's a reason why you married your wife (and yes, some people even have bad experiences going down that road). We will eventually get the right coach to USF - and it might be painful waiting for that coach. However once the winning starts, the fan that doesn't stalk this message board will show back up to the games. This is the reality of every program across America (unfortunately most of you live in a beautiful city that offers lots of ways to spend your money when our football team is down). The rest of us just have to wallow away multiple states away wondering when someone will plug the gaping hole on the starboard side of the Titantic.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

talk about going backwards

usf needs to bring someone that can recruit and win

\leavitt never won a thing and left after he hit a student athlete

we are not a p5 team so we arent getting many prominent candidates

WHY WOULD  CJL WANT TO COME BACK?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

cjl didnt have the success kush had

usf needs to have higher standards than asu