• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Weather for FSU Game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, that's how the swamp always feels. It's a brutal place. The humidity just sits in there and there's almost never a cooling breeze.

I have a buddy that hasn't missed a gator home game since like 2005 and he has told me repeatedly that our game there was the hottest and most miserable it has ever been. Usually when UF is playing their cupcakes at the beginning of the season, they are on local TV at 7:00, so, it's not a nooner with sun beating down like that.

I believe that in the presser after the game, urban meyer said the same thing--that it was the hottest game ever.  I remember thinking I was like 15 feet from the sun and in the middle of a mob.  No water, so we would soak towels in the bathroom sink and wrap them around our necks to try and get a little bit cool.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Yep, I think I had one gatorade the whole game and remember that between every play I would just put my head down and try to relax. I really think that if we could have not made stupid mistakes (playcalls) to close out the half that we would have won that game. It just felt like the team with the momentum was going to win after the guys came back out in that heat. It was an easy game to give up when things started going bad.

I try not to think about the Holtz New Era where my team was systematically dismantled. I can't even watch ND highlights.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Yep, I think I had one gatorade the whole game and remember that between every play I would just put my head down and try to relax. I really think that if we could have not made stupid mistakes (playcalls) to close out the half that we would have won that game. It just felt like the team with the momentum was going to win after the guys came back out in that heat. It was an easy game to give up when things started going bad.

I try not to think about the Holtz New Era where my team was systematically dismantled. I can't even watch ND highlights.

Yep.  The beginning of the end.  Sucks to revisit that feeling.  Hopefully rock bottom is finally behind us.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully stays that way if we have weather like the UF game depth will just wilt in that heat.

To this day, the most miserable game, temp wise, I've ever attended.  I think it was "only" 90, but not a cloud in the sky, humid af and no breeze.  And, the business savvy Gators ran out of water in the 3rd quarter.  Painful.

I'm still puzzled to this day. How in the heck do you run out of water?!?!?!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They ran out of water at the UCF game in 2006 at the Citrus Bowl. That was a brutally hot game as well.

At the breakfast before the game - because I knew how hot it would be - I drank about a gallon of water... and when I got to the stadium, I bought four more... I drank them all and never had to pee -- it all came out as sweat.

I was lucky because I pre-planned... so I was able to stay in the stands the whole time.

And I was about 10 rows from the top in the north endzone -- you could fry eggs on the benches up there.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

They ran out of water at the UCF game in 2006 at the Citrus Bowl. That was a brutally hot game as well.

This. I have been to most of the hot games referenced on here and this is the hottest I can remember being in my life. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

I was really feeling light headed at UF and had to sit under the stands a bit and grab a Gatorade to get back to normal.  I was surprised to find a great place to tailgate before the game.   Overall it was a fun day, but the heat was brutal.  

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

The first 2 hours of ND was no picnic either... If I remember correctly it was the hottest kickoff temp they had at 97. We seem to gravitate to those hot games for some reason!

Weather update looks like rain may hit earlier now with a high of only 78... going to see a ton of running on both sides.

Edited by jasonb56

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

At the breakfast before the game - because I knew how hot it would be - I drank about a gallon of water... and when I got to the stadium, I bought four more... I drank them all and never had to pee -- it all came out as sweat.

I was lucky because I pre-planned... so I was able to stay in the stands the whole time.

And I was about 10 rows from the top in the north endzone -- you could fry eggs on the benches up there.

I did the same thing drank 8 gatorades during the game never had to use the bathroom. That game was brutal.