• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for longtime season ticket holders…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Anybody else see a lot of missing friendly faces in their sections this Saturday?

My section  lost a ton of die-hards this off-season who had been sitting together since our days in Tampa Stadium.  I am not sure if they moved their seats …were out of town for the holiday …or just finally gave up…but it was sad to experience USF put up 50 points and only have the 7 folks in my group to high five and cheer with in my surrounding area.  My section was seemingly immune to the decreases in season tickets and while we started to see some seats free up last year…the turnover this past offseason is alarming and makes the cost of the mismanagement of the program perfectly clear.

The sad part is that I used to see a lot of these folks at past bowl games ranging from El Paso, to Charlotte to Tropicana Field.  It makes me wonder what our turnout will look if we make a bowl game this year…..might not be pretty. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Didn't notice because we moved. We made a point to go visit the old "hood" to let them know the we weren't quitters, we just upgraded. Lots of the same folks still there. Thats good. I will miss them. Fans didn't seem as passionate in the new section.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I was sitting in new area. I love my new seats. I'm making a larger donation which makes it a win/win for everyone. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

My wife's family had tickets from Day 1 and this will be our first year not there. I started going in '03 and once I graduated in '08, started paying for my own ticket with the group. Mother in law worked at USF so we were able to pay them over the course of the season (tickets directly withdrawn from her paycheck) but she got laid off so we couldn't do that anymore. Needed to pay for 3 tickets including my daughter and can't afford it anymore. I'll be back for a game here and there but until I either get a job at USF, a promotion, or don't need to pay for daycare anymore, I won't be a season ticket holder.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I moved from the faulty/staff (138) section to 112.

Apparently many people moved to that section as well.

And... I am one of those who ended up having to pay more with the new system, even if I didn't move.  And I have no complaints about it

I love my new seats.  The people around me seem a lot more passionate and fun. The faculty/staff was pretty... dull, I was one of the few in the section that made any noise most of the time.

Plus it boosted my donation level

I assume many people moved from 138 due to no longer having the employee discount

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

And... I am one of those who ended up having to pay more with the new system, even if I didn't move.  And I have no complaints about it

I love my new seats.  The people around me seem a lot more passionate and fun. The faculty/staff was pretty... dull, I was one of the few in the section that made any noise most of the time.

I assume many people moved from 138 due to no longer having the employee discount

I'm surprised that USF had a section entirely devoted to fans with faulty staffs! 

I moved sections last year from 125 to 213... and the people who were around us last year are around us again this year... and a few new people joined in.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Could not believe how empty 237 was. Especially since I thought people would have moved into the section with the new pricing model.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

I moved again this year as well, and reduced the amount of tickets. Getting sick ain't cheap. Hope to bump it back up next year. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I'm surprised that USF had a section entirely devoted to fans with faulty staffs! 

HAHA.. I was a faulty staff!

Stupid spell corrector (and stupid spelling on my part.)

Obviously that should have been faculty/staff.