• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TBP is spending $1000 in an advertising campaign that started 08/28

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

The campaign is on Twitter, Facebook, many sites via GoogleAds, and radio spots on a Tampa station.

Hence our page views are peaking at right time with a number of new eyes on the board.

For that reason, I'd like to capture the full value of the money spent in advertising to grow our TBP community.

Please help by contributing to a vibrant community as we lead up to kickoff on Saturday.

Thanks,

Brad

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Saved about $7.00 today using one of the TBP pop up ads banners...GolfWorks.com.  Bought a 4 oz. jar of Quick Center golf club shafting beads for $4.99...but used free shipping code from the popup ad to save about $7.00 extra normal shipping fee...probably wouldn't have made the small purchase without the free shipping code from TBP ad!.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The campaign is on Twitter, Facebook, many sites via GoogleAds, and radio spots on a Tampa station.

Hence our page views are peaking at right time with a number of new eyes on the board.

For that reason, I'd like to capture the full value of the money spent in advertising to grow our TBP community.

Please help by contributing to a vibrant community as we lead up to kickoff on Saturday.

Thanks,

Brad

How much of that did you spend on a restraining order for Smazza?

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks,

Brad

Hola Brad! That's good news.

Since TBP is spending money to attract new users I assume its also trying to monetize traffic. I wanted to mention that I think it could be important to be more responsible with TBP's link juice. Particularly when it comes to linking out articles that are related to Bulls coverage. The practice of putting entire articles on TBP or even most of the article I think really hurts this cause. Ideally I believe what you want  is as many redirects to external cites from within TBP which should provide a measurable analytic metric, similar to what FB and Google does. This should provide some weight when trying to monetize TBP outside of click traffic via AdChoices etc. 

Would be interested to hear the TBP's thoughts.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

$1,000

That's a lot of value at Mons Venus!

Bullhorns I'd like your help and knowledge on the topic if you are offering.

I'm just using some of the money that I've gotten on the ads to reinvest in attracting new Bulls fans.

I've done it for years - invested thousands in getting Bulls fans here and that's why am always a little sensitive to allowing free advertising for any reason.

I just wanted people to know that especially at this time of the season when I've got money invested.

I want to try to get as much positive momentum to TBP and into the Bulls that I can and hence I can't allow advertising for VD5 or Bulls Tours or any other external site.

In fact I have paid to have this site advertised on a number of networks including 247

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Just saw you were promoted on Twitter..first time I ever found you on there so that was cool.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Bullhorns I'd like your help and knowledge on the topic if you are offering.

I'm just using some of the money that I've gotten on the ads to reinvest in attracting new Bulls fans.

I've done it for years - invested thousands in getting Bulls fans here and that's why am always a little sensitive to allowing free advertising for any reason.

I just wanted people to know that especially at this time of the season when I've got money invested.

I want to try to get as much positive momentum to TBP and into the Bulls that I can and hence I can't allow advertising for VD5 or Bulls Tours or any other external site.

In fact I have paid to have this site advertised on a number of networks including 247

Am I just missing the Donate button?

Thanks, but don't need a donation button.  The ads provide revenue this time of year to advertise and usually to pay for the leaner months.  If the activity keeps up, the advertising costs are taken care of in about 2.5 months.  If we take a fall, then so too does ad revenue.  We have taken in donations in dire times, but we're okay as it stands now.  Thanks.