• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just curious

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

I'm excited for this game because it will set my expectations for the rest of the season.    Winning and how we win will say a lot about this team.  I think next year we are more likely to get back to being a contender in the conference race, but there is still a chance this team squeaks into a bowl and after the last few seasons that will generate plenty of excitement.   Otherwise, I can happily contemplate who our next coach will be.     

Makes me laugh remembering all the people complaining that CJL could "only" get us to a bowl game.   "Only" a bowl game would be pretty nice right now.  Too bad we can't also get back to 4-0 with no games on the schedule...  that was too sweet!        

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Not gonna take much out of this game.  It is FAMU :(     I am to the point of Missouri...Show Me !    If this game isn't a blow out then I hold little hope for the rest of the season but I will be in the stands as always cheering on the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

First time since the inception of the team that I have not purchased season tickets.  No tickets, no tailgate....hell, I didn't even realize it was a game week until Tuesday.  Unfortunately I have checked out.  Hopefully something miraculous will happen this season and it will reignite the passion I used to have for this team.  Until then....meh...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Hang in there man, help is on the way...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Excited because I think the team is in it's best position to succede in years.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Ok.  I'll be the Debbie Downer here.  Yes--I'm looking forward to another college football season, because it's the only sport that gets my juices going.  As far as our beloved Bulls, I have no expectations or any optimism regarding this season other than to watch it unfold.  I have been sucked in to the preseason hype the last 3 seasons and I refuse to let that happen again.  From the power O offense and Harbaugh connection to being the Bullies of the gridiron to last season believing all the personal bests in the weight room.

Let's not forget that CWT has more slogans and gimmicks than wins...the bus, the blue collar shirts, the team etc....

All that being said.  I renewed my season tickets and will be in my seats before 7pm Saturday night after a nice tailgate with my family and friends. 

Willie T and the Bulls are going to have to earn my optimism as I will no longer give it out blindly.

Lastly, Go Bulls!!

This, mostly.

But I will be up early Saturday morning getting the ribs in the smoker. Not sure how many will be at the tailgate. Jamie Byrd's grandmother is friends with my sister-in-law and a FAMU grad, so we'll be hosting a few of her old college friends.

Ribs in the smoker sound great.  I'm throwing a boston butt on the Egg Friday night and looking forward to some pulled pork sammiches at the tailgate.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

First time since the inception of the team that I have not purchased season tickets.  No tickets, no tailgate....hell, I didn't even realize it was a game week until Tuesday.  Unfortunately I have checked out.  Hopefully something miraculous will happen this season and it will reignite the passion I used to have for this team.  Until then....meh...

Not completely .... you did check in here. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432

I can't wait for Saturday! I have a good feeling about this season! This is also the first season my 9 month old daughter will be at with me and the wife! I'm excited to bring her up a Bull!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I will always be a massive USF Bulls fan, and will always be at every game I can make and still strive to donate a new stadium. However, I have yet to feel anywhere near the same connection and allegiance to a coach as to CJL as a fan. That would be a tough pair of shoes to fill and I wouldn't expect it ever to actually happen, but would love it if it were possible.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I will always be a massive USF Bulls fan, and will always be at every game I can make and still strive to donate a new stadium. However, I have yet to feel anywhere near the same connection and allegiance to a coach as to CJL as a fan. That would be a tough pair of shoes to fill and I wouldn't expect it ever to actually happen, but would love it if it were possible.

He had to earn your allegiance too. Hang in there, we'll get back to that.

I'm officially worthless, don't even know why I'm going to work tomorrow. Seeing UCF losing at home in the 4th Q (atm) is not helping me stay calm...