• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just curious

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's hard to get excited for the season anymore; I still go to as many games (usually 4 or 5) as I can.

The weekend trip to FSU will be fun, but I'm not real hopeful for a close game (forget about a win).

2 away games and all home games, and I'll watch one game from my pub in london....

I'm so pissed I'm not thinking forward, but by God, I'll be there

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

I've clearly finished working; the week is over for me it's all football from here.

I thought I'd make it until Thursday.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

In the years following the Leavitt dismissal, those of us that have remained as fans have endured quite an extended period of bad leadership and bad football.

Despite that, it's a new season and I have a Saturday to prepare for.

With that said, I suppose beginning Thursday I'll become even more useless around the office. In the good old days, I was able to focus on work only until lunch on the Monday preceding the first game. Now I can probably hold out until early Thursday.

How are you guys doing? Feeling any excitement? Planning to blow off work starting when?

Anyone planning a big tailgate? Anything leading up to the game? Is anyone "feeling it"? Any excitement or interest around town? Campus?

I lose sleep over our offense.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

If it's like last season's, it'll put you to sleep!

I think they'll look good against FAMU.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Ok.  I'll be the Debbie Downer here.  Yes--I'm looking forward to another college football season, because it's the only sport that gets my juices going.  As far as our beloved Bulls, I have no expectations or any optimism regarding this season other than to watch it unfold.  I have been sucked in to the preseason hype the last 3 seasons and I refuse to let that happen again.  From the power O offense and Harbaugh connection to being the Bullies of the gridiron to last season believing all the personal bests in the weight room.

Let's not forget that CWT has more slogans and gimmicks than wins...the bus, the blue collar shirts, the team etc....

All that being said.  I renewed my season tickets and will be in my seats before 7pm Saturday night after a nice tailgate with my family and friends. 

Willie T and the Bulls are going to have to earn my optimism as I will no longer give it out blindly.

Lastly, Go Bulls!!

This, mostly.

But I will be up early Saturday morning getting the ribs in the smoker. Not sure how many will be at the tailgate. Jamie Byrd's grandmother is friends with my sister-in-law and a FAMU grad, so we'll be hosting a few of her old college friends.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,741
  • Days Won:  3

I would be lying if I said that the pre-season enthusiasm is what it was a decade back. 

There was always an upward trajectory, 'the next best thing'. As of right here, right now

the odds of us winning the conference - mediocre as it may be - is slim to none. The past

few years have done nothing but float in the punchbowl, and in all honesty, I think a 20%

increase in wins this season is progress. That's what it has come down to. And if I were

strapped into the interestometer, the needle would be pointing more towards Thursday

night South Carolina vs UNC game than toward Saturday night's practice under the lights

(though I guess, after McNeese State, I better tone that down). 

Now, you kids get outta my dammned tomato plants! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I've clearly finished working; the week is over for me it's all football from here.

I thought I'd make it until Thursday.

I admire your love for USF. It's clearly affecting my productivity now, but it'll be Friday before I'm worthless!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

In the years following the Leavitt dismissal, those of us that have remained as fans have endured quite an extended period of bad leadership and bad football.

Despite that, it's a new season and I have a Saturday to prepare for.

With that said, I suppose beginning Thursday I'll become even more useless around the office. In the good old days, I was able to focus on work only until lunch on the Monday preceding the first game. Now I can probably hold out until early Thursday.

How are you guys doing? Feeling any excitement? Planning to blow off work starting when?

Anyone planning a big tailgate? Anything leading up to the game? Is anyone "feeling it"? Any excitement or interest around town? Campus?

My productivity has been down this month for sure... I haven't looked forward to a season like this since perhaps 2010 or 2011...

Yes and yes. Just hope rain doesn't come our way.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Honestly, I expected this to be the longest offseason in USF history. Not because there are more or less days in the offseason, but because my last memory of USF football is having to hear Kanniggit ritual chant walking out of Raymond James Stadium. 

But shockingly, it hasn't been. There's a number of reasons for it, but here are the USF ones.

1. Women's basketball gave us a fantastic run in conference play, through the conference tournament, and then two brilliant, screaming "GOD, I LOVE USF! GO BULLS!" moments in the NCAA tournament games. 

2.  The baseball team had a good year, one that we didn't honestly expect seeing how bad the team has been in recent seasons. They gave us some post season play and that extended the playing season for us (more time I don't have to worry about USF football).

3. Golf team gave us a run to remember-and they will be back and EVEN better next year with the players returning and coming in next year. 

For those wondering about the non-USF reasons.

1. I got a new job in February, and it's much more interesting than my previous job. 

2. The USA took part in the World T20I international qualifiers (in cricket) in Ireland and Scotland and very nearly made a run into the elimination rounds. Only a close loss at the start of the tournament left them out. If they had won, their level of play meant they would have had a real shot at making the World T20I in India last year.

3. Pakistan played a thriller series this summer against Sri Lanka to get themselves in position to qualify for the cricketing Champions Trophy in England next year. It was literally a win or go home series and they went out and won with a ton of new players.

So on Saturday? I'm going to go, enjoy us scoring points for the first time in 10 months, and hopefully we get a big win. And tailgate. not a big one, but should be fun.

Edited by bullsbucsfan426

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly, I expected this to be the longest offseason in USF history. Not because there are more or less days in the offseason, but because my last memory of USF football is having to hear Kanniggit ritual chant walking out of Raymond James Stadium. 

But shockingly, it hasn't been. There's a number of reasons for it, but here are the USF ones.

1. Women's basketball gave us a fantastic run in conference play, through the conference tournament, and then two brilliant, screaming "GOD, I LOVE USF! GO BULLS!" moments in the NCAA tournament games. 

2.  The baseball team had a good year, one that we didn't honestly expect seeing how bad the team has been in recent seasons. They gave us some post season play and that extended the playing season for us (more time I don't have to worry about USF football).

3. Golf team gave us a run to remember-and they will be back and EVEN better next year with the players returning and coming in next year. 

For those wondering about the non-USF reasons.

1. I got a new job in February, and it's much more interesting than my previous job. 

2. The USA took part in the World T20I international qualifiers (in cricket) in Ireland and Scotland and very nearly made a run into the elimination rounds. Only a close loss at the start of the tournament left them out. If they had won, their level of play meant they would have had a real shot at making the World T20I in India last year.

3. Pakistan played a thriller series this summer against Sri Lanka to get themselves in position to qualify for the cricketing Champions Trophy in England next year. It was literally a win or go home series and they went out and won with a ton of new players.

So on Saturday? I'm going to go, enjoy us scoring points for the first time in 10 months, and hopefully we get a big win. And tailgate. not a big one, but should be fun.

The reason for me this off-season felt like it was only 10 weeks long was because of the Bolts.