• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article on Coach Taggart, Kinnan, and Hope

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it.  Any thoughts?  Especially the last line...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/08/28/5962617/college-football-preview-kinnan.html

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I thought it was a good read and wanted to share it.  Any thoughts?  Especially the last line...

http://www.bradenton.com/2015/08/28/5962617/college-football-preview-kinnan.html

"It was my idea to switch the offense. I thought we finally have the personnel to do it and it is the best way for us to win," Taggart said. "I am not worried about my job, that would be unfair to the kids. It would be selfish and I am not a selfish guy. We expect a big improvement this year. How many wins I don't know, but more than last year."

The Bulls were 4-8 last year and 2-10 in the first season under Taggart. Their offense was ranked 118th out of 125 FBS schools last season and 121st in 2013. Kinnan says those stats mean absolutely nothing.

"That is in the past and we can't look back. We are morphing into a different football team with a different offensive philosophy because we have a different type of personnel here," Kinnan said. "Look at TCU. In 2013, they were 4-8 and ranked 104th in total offense. In 2014, they were 12-1 and ranked fifth."

Certainly falls in the realm of "anything is possible."  It is mainly coach speak, what else do we expect them to say?  I imagine if you gave them a truth pill it would be something like this:

CWT, why did you change your offense? - My boss said we play boring football and if we are going to lose we better have 21 points on the board at a minimum and we will not have many 21 point games with the offense I wanted to run.

CWT, are you worried about your job? - That is a stupid question, of coarse I am worried.  I have been saying the same thing for three off seasons and I am out of excuses.  I would like more time but this a make or break season for me, bowl game or I am out.  If we lose against FAMU I may not be here toward the end of the season.

Kinnan, you said going 6-18 over the last two years and being ranked almost at the very bottom of FBS offenses means nothing, do you really believe that? - No, but I did find one example, TCU, to give the fan base hope.  I have no reasonable expectation that we will all of a sudden be ranked in the top half of FBS offenses, but I can't say that.  The silver lining for me is that if I do show a solid improvement, I may have a head coaching job next year.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

these guys will be gone  soon enough

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

Most up lifting thing regarding this team I've read in a while.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Nice article and it all sounds great but like Al Davis said...just win baby!

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Can't bring myself to read it....

Hope for the best and just win

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You're missing out. It says we're going to have a top 10 offense.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

This system is much better suited for the team...if Flowers is just avg no reason they can't win 6 plus this year.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

I hope CWT stays. I hope we go bowling. I don't want another coach, I just want a winning coach.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

"It was my idea to switch the offense. I thought we finally have the personnel to do it and it is the best way for us to win," Taggart said. "I am not worried about my job, that would be unfair to the kids. It would be selfish and I am not a selfish guy. We expect a big improvement this year. How many wins I don't know, but more than last year."

The Bulls were 4-8 last year and 2-10 in the first season under Taggart. Their offense was ranked 118th out of 125 FBS schools last season and 121st in 2013. Kinnan says those stats mean absolutely nothing.

"That is in the past and we can't look back. We are morphing into a different football team with a different offensive philosophy because we have a different type of personnel here," Kinnan said. "Look at TCU. In 2013, they were 4-8 and ranked 104th in total offense. In 2014, they were 12-1 and ranked fifth."

Certainly falls in the realm of "anything is possible."  It is mainly coach speak, what else do we expect them to say?  I imagine if you gave them a truth pill it would be something like this:

CWT, why did you change your offense? - My boss said we play boring football and if we are going to lose we better have 21 points on the board at a minimum and we will not have many 21 point games with the offense I wanted to run.

CWT, are you worried about your job? - That is a stupid question, of coarse I am worried.  I have been saying the same thing for three off seasons and I am out of excuses.  I would like more time but this a make or break season for me, bowl game or I am out.  If we lose against FAMU I may not be here toward the end of the season.

Kinnan, you said going 6-18 over the last two years and being ranked almost at the very bottom of FBS offenses means nothing, do you really believe that? - No, but I did find one example, TCU, to give the fan base hope.  I have no reasonable expectation that we will all of a sudden be ranked in the top half of FBS offenses, but I can't say that.  The silver lining for me is that if I do show a solid improvement, I may have a head coaching job next year.  

I like the truth serum.