• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

University of Texas LB transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

We don't have the #3 available on Defense unless Deatrick Nichols is willing to change for Cecil. 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

don't know how accurate, but this was posted this morning on page 55 of a camp thread on shaggybevo (a Texas message board)

Texas freshman linebacker Cecil Cherry has told several people in and outside of the football program that he intends to transfer, according to several sources.

As of right now, Cherry is officially on the team. He has not left Austin, and people within the program are trying to convince him to stay. It is unclear why Cherry is considering leaving after only a few days of practice. However, he did have a few rough days at practice.

From what I am hearing, Cherry is interested in transferring to the University of South Florida, which is closer to his home in Frostproof. Nothing is official right now, and there is a chance Cherry could change his mind and remain at Texas.

This is a situation we will continue monitoring throughout the day.

Texas will hold practice on Tuesday night, and Charlie Strong is slated to address the media after it is over. Strong’s availability was previously scheduled and is not related to Cherry's situation.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/159856-2015-Fall-Camp-Thread-The-Right-of-Passage/page55

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,260
  • Days Won:  10

Worked for me ... Using Firefox, TBP6.

Strange, works now  FF

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

He's transferring because he wants to play for the team with the real  :GoBulls: .

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting read from 2013:

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Frostproof-LB-Cecil-Cherry-recaps-his-visit-to-USF-127154?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Top 2015 LB impressed with USF

The Bulls are staying busy on the recruiting trail and have made Frostproof (Fla.) 2015 linebacker Cecil Cherry a top priority.

7_879509.jpg

The 6-foot, 220-pound prospect claims 15 total offers from the likes of USF, Florida, Florida State, Miami, UCF, Louisville, South Carolina, Tennessee and more.

The rising junior visited South Florida last weekend for the Bulls' spring game.

"I loved it. I loved the atmosphere," Cherry said of the game. "It [uSF] felt better than Miami because they [uSF staff] was showing me instead of just telling me. I was seeing it from my own eyes."

A defensive standout, Cherry paid special attention to the defense and the linebacking corps.

"The defense really stood out to me," Cherry said. "The linebacker, DeDe Lattimore stood out to me too. I really liked how the defense performed.

Following the game, Cherry spent a little bit of time with Lattimore and a number of players.

"They said some key things to me. They talked a lot about the training facilities and how good they rehab is if players get hurt," he said. "Just like Lattimore said: 'if you want to play four years and start as a true freshman, come to USF.'"

Cherry also talked about relationship with his dad, and how much his thoughts will play into his decision.

"My daddy wants me to stay in Florida. I have two brothers that aren't in the state so staying in state is big for me," Cherry, who was raised by only his father, said. "I come from a single-parent family. I want to feel like the coaches are my family. I was taking advice from the players. A lot of the players said they're just like me. They come from the same stuff as me and they say: 'look where I'm at now.'"

While Cherry claims no favorites or leaders early on in his recruitment it's easy to see that South Florida is leaving a lasting impact.

"A lot of schools offered me and then stopped talked to me," explained. "I know USF is going to be one of my first officials."

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I was reading what the posters were saying on the Longhorn message board and some of the articles they posted. Supposedly his father is toxic and wanted him to originally go to Tennessee. When Cecil chose Texas, his father didn't speak with him for 2 months. With the jersey #, getting angry about competition and a toxic father with a lot of kids wanted his meal ticket...idk. He's really talented so I'd take him, but there are red flags.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Pass...we're all set at MLB

/massive sarc/

Still, there are some red flags, but if he could xfr without sitting out, he could start on Day 1.  A stud MLB can change your entire defense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

I would have to imagine there would have to be some heavy duty mea culpa evidence to the staff before letting him anywhere near the program ... IF those reports are true.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Closer to home.....EKU close? There is some crazy stuff being written...bloggers, not one darn quote of anyone. Worthless reports IMO 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Chip Brown â€@ChipBrownHD 18h18 hours ago

#Texas' Charlie Strong has signed release for freshman LB Cecil Cherry to transfer. More at (edit: removed pay links)

Edited by 2000bull