• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in the NFL - Training Camp/Preseason

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe worth one thread for all the links and stuff during the preseason?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Yes, thanks for starting the thread.

I was just reading about Andre Davis in Buffalo, and was thinking of a thread.

Andre is a long shot it appears.

Wide receiver

Starters: Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods.

Reserves: Percy Harvin, Chris Hogan, Marcus Easley, Marquise Goodwin, Dezmin Lewis, Deonte Thompson, Justin Brown, Tobias Palmer, Marcus Thigpen, Caleb Holley, Andre Davis.

The skinny: This is a deep group, and as Ryan has said, there are going to be some good NFL players who won’t make this roster. Watkins and Woods are locked in, as is Harvin as the No. 3. Hogan had a breakthrough season in 2014, and he’s also a solid special teams contributor. Easley will be the fifth guy, but only because of his special teams work. Thus, if the Bills keep six, it will likely come down to the oft-injured but speedy Goodwin, and the seventh-round rookie Lewis, who is the tallest receiver on the team with a potentially valuable skill set. Could Lewis be stashed on the practice squad? That’s an iffy proposition.

Link: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/07/28/buffalo-bills-depth-chart-offense-quarterback-running-back/30791361/

Houston will be fun to monitor in the preseason with Cliett and McFarland there.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1569208-houston-texans-day-one-training-camp-recap

It is clear what the Texans want at the inside linebacker position and the new rookie additions of Benardrick McKinney and Reshard Cliett give the position group a much needed youth infusion. Both McKinney and Cliett cover sideline to sideline and can defend better than most expected. Each player needs some more work to get ready for the season but it appears the foundation for the future is here working behind Brian Cushing and Mike Mohamed.

Rookie tight ends Mike McFarland and Khari Lee each had a good start to camp. Both are imposing targets to defenders when they go out on passing routes. Lee showed some good hands in traffic while McFarland displayed that he can stretch the field in the passing game. It is clear the Texans have added bigger and more athletic options to the position, and the two rookies have started in the right direction.

I think BJ is a long shot also

4. Wide receiver should see a lot of cuts by summer’s end

The amount of receivers the Seahawks have at camp is astonishing, and it will be interesting to see just how many receivers the Seahawks end up putting on the final 53-man roster. Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse are locks, as well as third-round pick Tyler Lockett. Beyond them, the tall Chris Matthews is probably a favorite, and Ricardo Lockette will probably get a spot because he’s so valuable on special teams. With Paul Richardson being a sixth receiver when he returns from his ACL injury, that still leaves the likes of B.J. Daniels, Kevin Norwood, Douglas McNeil, Kasen Williams and Kevin Smith vying for spots. All those guys will be working their tails off every day to try to earn a spot, so I don’t envy the coaching staff for having to make those tough decisions before the start of the regular season.

Link: http://isportsweb.com/2015/08/02/seattle-seahawks-early-impressions-from-training-camp/

I guess obviously I've been looking more at the bubble guys than the locks.

Barring injuries or something unforeseen I think we can say Jenkins (TB), Barrington (GB), Selvie and JPP (NYG), McClain (DAL), Lynch (SF), Allen (OAK) are locks.

I think Webster and Cliett are both very likely making DEN and HOU just wouldn't label them locks.

Then the bubble guys:

DeDe (CHI), Daniels (SEA), Reiter (WAS), McFarland (HOU)

Long shots:

Davis (BUF), Warren (TB), Williams (STL), Mitchell (ATL)

And I'm sure I left off a couple. Going off a bad memory.

Eatmon with Oakland. Long shot. Think he may be the only guy in camp I forgot.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'd consider JPP borderline, based on the media and what the team has said. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-gm-jerry-reese-quiet-jason-pierre-paul-article-1.2312312

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sam Barrington is starting LB in Green Bay.   Nice article about him from the Green Bay web site but I can not even copy and paste anything to this site.  Add that to the fact I cannot quote anyone here either and it is getting frustrating.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Try using TapaTalk

I'd consider JPP borderline, based on the media and what the team has said. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-gm-jerry-reese-quiet-jason-pierre-paul-article-1.2312312

Borderline if you mean active on week 1 I suppose. Probably unlikely even. But when he's ready to play he's 100% sure to be on the field.