• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

3 RBs in the backfield

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

With the talent at the running back position, I am hoping to see 3 RBs in the backfield similar to the the "old" school combination of Williams, Taylor  and Ford  that was used on short yardage plays. It was always exciting to see that formation. :)

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I have doing some reading up on the "power spread". My guess is they will probably try to run something like Chad Morriss was running while he was at Clemson.

With our stable of 4 really good backs I would guess there is a pretty good chance of seeing 3 on the field at one time.

IF, big IF, we get any kind of competence out of the passing game or at least complete passes at the right time to keep the chains moving, this offense could see a major turnaround as it relies more on the offense getting the skill players in space rather than the OL needing to dominate.

Mack with the ball in space will be fun to watch. Watching Swanson or Johnson 1 on 1 run over a tired DB in the 4th quarter after 80 plays in the Florida heat. Very fun.

The possibilities and potential is exciting. I have little confidence in Taggart's game management skills at this point until proven otherwise. Therefore, if we have early success, until we get a couple of games into conference play I am adopting the same mantra I use early each basketball season when we start out going on a 4 or 5 game win streak. I close my eyes and repeat the following 3 times. I won't get sucked in, I won't get sucked in, I won't get sucked.

We will see potential is there. Execution. Especially at right times is another thing. Not sure Taggart is capable yet, of preparing the team for this level of competition. The other teams have great athletes too. A lot of them have good or great coaches. Our guy is unproven (being kind) at best. In game situations not confident that he does not get outcoached. Especially at the key times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

When it comes to the offense, my faith is in Kinnan's ability to design plays that fit our players' abilities and in CWT and Danny Hope's respect for Kinnan -as in they will listen to him.

From what I've read, Kinnan's the MAN for coming up with plays, and that was from people visiting him to get ideas. Now, we have him dedicated to our offense. That's just tremendous!

As a high school coach, I'm sure Kinnan is excellent at using players' skills properly, as you don't get the same talent level all cross your team.

We just need to forget the last two years (how CWT ran that offense). This is a brand-new system and a new offense that will allow our players to play!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Wouldn't it have been two of those 3 plus Richard Kelly?

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

Why is it that Darius Tice gets no love? He out played Johnson and is now officially the #2 back. I think he will have a great year as well

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Why is it that Darius Tice gets no love? He out played Johnson and is now officially the #2 back. I think he will have a great year as well

i have always liked Tice since we got him.  Before Mack got here I thought he'd be our starter.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

If you have 2 RBs on the field and Flowers at QB you basically have 3 RBs on the field. I'm sure we'll see that a ton.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

i have always liked Tice since we got him.  Before Mack got here I thought he'd be our starter.

Wasn't he going to start but got injured before the first game last year ..... ?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't he going to start but got injured before the first game last year ..... ?

Yup... he was slated to start and got injured.  The rest is history.  But I'm happy he is going to see plenty of action though.  That kid runs hard and works hard. 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'll trade you 2 RBs for a QB....

I'll keep one RB