• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How bad were our QBs last season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

White:

242 attempts, 50.4%, 8 TDs, 7 INTs - QBR of 43.4

Bench:

100 attempts, 490%, 3 TDs, 2 INTs - QBR of 41.2*

Flowers:

20 attempts, 40.0%, 0 TDs, 2 INTs - QBR of 32.1*

*Averaged less than 20 plays per game

The median QBR for all FBS QBs that attempted a pass was 51.4

The median QBR for QBs with more than 20 plays per game was 57.4

Just getting to median would be a huge improvement.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

So, what you are saying is that we lost our best QB to transfer?  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It would appear that way

And to follow that, we lost our best QB to transfer with no real competition coming from the other two?  

Hard not to bet on Bench starting this year.

IF that happens, my money is on Flowers transferring or switching positions.  No way he stays if Bench beats him out and Woulard continues this heir apparent track he is on.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

If Bench "wins" out I expect another 2-4 win type season. There's no upside with him

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

And to follow that, we lost our best QB to transfer with no real competition coming from the other two?  

IF that happens, my money is on Flowers transferring or switching positions.  No way he stays if Bench beats him out and Woulard continues this heir apparent track he is on.  

He wouldnt transfer, Bench is a senior and would leave after this year anyway

If Bench "wins" out I expect another 2-4 win type season. There's no upside with him

I am saying it now.  I fully expect one of two things to happen.  Bench wins out, or Flowers wins out and Bench replaces him by the end of the Memphis game or sooner.

CWT does not have the luxury of developing Flowers, think back to the Tulsa game.  

He wouldnt transfer, Bench is a senior and would leave after this year anyway

I think he would.  Woulard and he will both be Juniors next year.  If he gets beat out by Bench this year, sees the writing on the wall with Woulard for next year, why exactly would he stay?  He did not come to USF to be a backup.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Flowers was a true freshman getting spot play in a west coast offense where most of his packages were wildcat.  He started one game the day after he found out his brother was dead (having lost his other brother, mother, and father to death) and people are trying to use last season to gauge his overall talent.  I think that kid has a iron resolve and where you see him lagging, I see something special in a guy who has managed to make it through that and to be honest, he's one of the top 3 athletes on the team overall and you're putting in him an offense he was raised running and saying, "just play ball."

Bench is not starting.  Flowers was clearly the better guy in the spring.  I think Taggart didn't want  bench, his senior, to keep his head in the game.  The QB position is Flowers to lose, I think he will excel.  He displayed a good arm in the spring... sure there was the windy spring game but he made some big throws in a gusting wind that I thought were nice.  He's a true soph... I look for him to make mistakes, but he's going to go HAM. It's one of the reasons I think Woulard wants in now... Flowers could create a strangle hold on the QB spot for the next three years.  

• Upvote 1