• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Josh Freeman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Holds over a dozen Bucs franchise records from highest season QB rating to fewest INTs in a season. Had no idea until I checked his Wikipedia page to see what he's doing (Miami roster).

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Jameis will end up eclipsing most, if not all of those records.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I highly doubt Winston breaks the fewest INT record. The one thing he didn't do in college was protect the ball.

• Upvote 1

I highly doubt Winston breaks the fewest INT record. The one thing he didn't do in college was protect the ball.

You're probably right.  6 INTs is very little and that will be a tough one to break.  In 2013 when he had a much more stacked team, he threw a 40/10 TD/INT ratio and he'll arguably have a more stacked team in TB relative to the competition.  Only thing up in the air offensively for the Bucs is that O-line, and to a lesser degree, RB.  

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

95 yard TD pass. Good luck breaking that one.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Ryan Tannehill is only 4 months younger than Josh Freeman. Kinda crazy. I doubt he sticks in MIA, but I hope he gets picked up after Miami cuts him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

You're probably right. 6 INTs is very little and that will be a tough one to break. In 2013 when he had a much more stacked team, he threw a 40/10 TD/INT ratio and he'll arguably have a more stacked team in TB relative to the competition. Only thing up in the air offensively for the Bucs is that O-line, and to a lesser degree, RB.

By up in the air, do you mean not a position battle? I certainty wouldn't bank on a rookie QB having a great first season in the NFL.

You're probably right. 6 INTs is very little and that will be a tough one to break. In 2013 when he had a much more stacked team, he threw a 40/10 TD/INT ratio and he'll arguably have a more stacked team in TB relative to the competition. Only thing up in the air offensively for the Bucs is that O-line, and to a lesser degree, RB.

By up in the air, do you mean not a position battle? I certainty wouldn't bank on a rookie QB having a great first season in the NFL.

I'll settle for a good first season - doesn't have to be great, and if the Bucs can have TWO 1,000 yard receivers with Josh McClown as their QB, I think Winston has a good chance of putting up solid numbers.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

How did Jameis look in OTAs? I don't follow the Bucs (at least not in the pre-season).

Far as I can tell, pretty solid.  They've pretty much thrown the entire playbook at him.  He studies it all the time, and by all accounts seems to be on track to start Week 1.  

It also helps to finally have a reputable offensive coordinator rather than a QB coach calling plays who pretty much drowned in his own incompetence early in the season.